Firefox 3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We'll need to test on Chrome as well.

Not at all disputing that you'll need to test. A saving grace for you is that the back end is Apple's webkit, so if it renders in Safari it's probably mostly good in Chrome, as I understand it. At least you can probabably expect that this isn't a brand new browser rendering implementation with a whole new set of issues ( ... mostly ...).

JMO, I distrust google to get any deeper into my web interaction than it already is as a search engine. Here's some food for thought: Why Google launched Chrome - Sep. 2, 2008
Still, as far as SB is concerned, no question Chrome will grab a piece of the pie.

Obligatory dig: As for testing, what about the FF font size issue raised above?

Four months since I mentioned it last, thought it would be useful to update.
IE continues to lose market share to FF, Safari, Chrome and others. Now about 68%
worldwide. See
Apple nabs 10% share in December market share survey
The browser share pie chart with numbers is here:
Browser market share

So IE is about 2/3 of web users worldwide. From previous discussion it's probably even less on Scubaboard. Yet the front page still does not render correctly in www-standards-compliant browsers (pretty much all of them that aren't IE).

Back
Top Bottom