Firefox 3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kim

Here for my friends.....
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
Just installed this and can't set the skin to "Scubaboard Blue" - it won't shift out of the red "Scubaboard Default".

Any ideas?

Funny thing is.....in my main "Edit Options" screen it says I'm set to "Scubaboard Blue" in the "Skins" box - but not in the "Quick Style Chooser".

Hey Kim... I just tuned in after setting up for the Scuba Show in California...

Try this - http://scubaboard.com/forums/index.php?styleid=79
Nope - that gives me a log in page - says hello Kim when I log in - and dumps me back on the log in page.

This could be an issue with Firefox 3. IE is working fine.....

Possibly (could be an FF 3 issue) I use IE for the most part, and FF for testing, but haven't downloaded the latest version. I'm sure El Orans will have a look when he sees this...

Sorry that didn't help.

Possibly (could be an FF 3 issue) I use IE for the most part, and FF for testing, but haven't downloaded the latest version. I'm sure El Orans will have a look when he sees this...

Sorry that didn't help.
Thanks for the suggestion. :wink:

I'm using Firefox 3 and mine changes. A couple things to check/try:

In the Content tab under Options both Java/Javascript should be enabled.

Check to make sure you have Flash installed. Although SB doesn't use Flash, I think .vbulletin might for some functions. It's under Tools->Add-ons->Plugins.

Nope - that gives me a log in page - says hello Kim when I log in - and dumps me back on the log in page.
That sounds like a Cookie problem. Try deleting the SB cookie, logging out and logging in again. It's found under Options->Privacy. Click the Show Cookies button and scroll down to it. Select it and Hit the remove cookies button.

Restart the browser after you do any/all of these changes...

Is this a new FF3 install or did you upgrade from version 2.something?

Last edited:
I'm using Firefox 3 and mine changes. A couple things to check/try:

In the Content tab under Options both Java/Javascript should be enabled.

Check to make sure you have Flash installed. Although SB doesn't use Flash, I think .vbulletin might for some functions. It's under Tools->Add-ons->Plugins.

That sounds like a Cookie problem. Try deleting the SB cookie, logging out and logging in again. It's found under Options->Privacy. Click the Show Cookies button and scroll down to it. Hit the remove cookies button.

Restart the browser after you do any/all of these changes...

Is this a new FF3 install or did you upgrade from version 2.something?
That did it - thanks a lot! :wink: (probably a cookies problem - I imported them from IE)

Good recovery there sjspeck. I upgrade to FF3 just a few hours after it came out, love it. Google spell check seems to hang at times but haven't had any other problems, and I do a lot of odd stuff. I keep IE for a few sites that aren't very compatible.

Talking of spell checking.....

What's the best solution for Firefox 3? Is there one that works with the SB software and gives the option within the posting box like iespell does?

Or do you need to rely on the one built into Firefox itself?

I don't care for the Firefox spell check or Iespell. Been using Google spell check SpellCheck: Basics

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom