Fins with softer foot pockets

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
D

Dyve4fun

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm trying to find a fin similar to the Deep Six Eddy, but with a softer foot pocket. The Eddy pocket fits my foot shape perfectly (high arch), but the hard plastic is unforgiving. Suggestions are much appreciated!

The best bet for weird feet is to find a shoe that offers support/protection you want/need and then look for fins to fit, this is where Jet fins tend to do well because they only cover about 1/2 of the foot.

Tecline Lightjet fins have soft foot pockets. Same fin shape as the Dpp 6 I believe.

I'm trying to find a fin similar to the Deep Six Eddy, but with a softer foot pocket. The Eddy pocket fits my foot shape perfectly (high arch), but the hard plastic is unforgiving. Suggestions are much appreciated!
Thank you everyone for your suggestions. I had a spare pair of Eddys that I used to experiment on. First I bought a heat gun and used shoe stretchers and other items to try and remold the pockets a bit. This didn't work. So as last resort, I used a box cutter to cut out the area that rubbed - each foot different. It was surprisingly easy to cut the pocket.
I also bought a pair of Tilos Truefit Thermoflare booties (on faith) and used the heat gun to stretch out the top of foot area. Wore with thin nylon socks instead of beefy socks. I just returned from a 7 day liveaboard trip, and although I didn't do all of the offered dives, I did 3 per day for 5 days. Complete success with no foot issues. I probably didn't have to cut out as much pocket as I did, and hope that I didn't damage the integrity of the fin pockets.

Attachments

• eddy cutout.jpg
    eddy cutout.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 49

Back
Top Bottom