Fins suggestion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What kind of fin techniques are you currently using? I think you said you were considering intro to tech classes, which might change your preference somewhat.

I do 90% frog kicks, a few back kicks and heli turns, and the occasional flutter if I need burst speed or a tiny modified flutter/frog if space is limited. Mostly it's kick and glide. For this use, short stiff blades like the D6 or the Jetfins are great as it gives you a lot of power and control, where small corrections give instant feedback, and you glide far with each kick. If you use them for a constant straight leg flutter, they will be very heavy/tiring to use.
I've actually started my DMT 😁 I looked into Intro to tech but none of the schools here was actually doing the intro, just the Tech 40-Tech 65 etc. so I've decided to start the course and look into tech later, as it's quite expensive!

I do the same as you! But I did like the PSI fins. I think some of the instructors here has the Jetfins so I might ask her to try hers and see how I like them!

Another vote for Mares Quattros as they are wonderful fins. They come in several colors. No pink but they have a bunch of colors. Yellow, blue, black, white, lime flame and aqua/white. I have them in white.
I'm sad because they would be a good fit but I don't like/want any of the other colours 🤣🥲😅

Back
Top Bottom