Fins - Small Foot Size

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

16colors

New
Reaction score
Hello all!

I have a friend that has a child size 1 (US) foot size. We do not want to buy child fins. Does anyone know how to go about finding the correct size open heal fins and boots ?

Thank you.

I've put Force Fins on kids as young as 6. Whatever size you need they'll fit for that small the Small size should be fine. But you might not want a full size fin, you might want a smaller fin like the Slim Fin. Best thing is to call them at 1-800-SWIM-FIN

Thank you all for your advice. I could not secure an inexpensive pair of Force fins - I would have hated to purchase something I would have to resell if it couldn't be used. I also read the post suggested from Scubafanatic. All in all, here was the solution.

Went to a few dive shops in town. One instructor has a wife and daughter that dives and they have small feet as well. He suggested a few things. Here is what worked for a woman with child size 1 feet. A hard sole boot such as the Akona 3.5mm Deluxe Molded Sole Boot
there was about an inch or more of room from her big toe to the toe of the boot. the important thing is that it fit width wise and did not slip off. The added benefit is that the sole added additional width to her foot profile. this in turn allowed her to fit into medium size atomic aquatic split fins.

So my advice to anyone stumbling upon this article is to go to a few dive shops and start trying everything they have. I have never seen a dive shop carry all brands. I would also recommend buying from a dive shop as well, it supports our hobby, their profession and our love of diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom