Fins options for warm water traveling

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eelnoraa

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have OMS slipstream intended for traveling to warm water destination. They work great if the trip was a dedicated dive trip. And they work great underwater. However, I just came back from hawaii for a destinatino wedding. With the other stuffs I needed to bring, I decided to leave the fins behind because they are just take up too much space. The fins blade are stiff, tall edge, un-pliable foot pockets. And I have to bring boots to use these fins. So I wonder what are the good option to replace OMS type of fins. I want something more packable, lighter weight would be nice, no boot require will be nice too, and I strongly prefer something that give me similar "per kick" power.

Any suggestions?

Aqualung Hotshots (Not to be confused with their "Slingshot" model. No boot needed.

hotshot_f.jpg

Force fins look like and small, but $250 that I don't use very often, I am hesitated. Anything more economical?

I will give hotshot a try at my LDS

I have started travelling with a pair of Cressi Reaction full foot fins. Great compromize for both scuba and some basic free diving. Stiff enough for a frog kick, backing up, etc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom