Fins for small feet with all the power

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have small feet, too - a foot length of 8 1/4 inches. But they're wider than most people. Any recommendations on what size will fit me best? I'm planning to buy fins that are light but has some power, too.
My suggestion would be find a good Fitting set of Booties first. I picked up a pair of FOURTH ELEMENT last year. They are the best fitting booties I have ever had. Foot Size, 9 1/2 EEEE. After that, use the booties to fit the fins.

Perhaps start with larger boots - thicker with heavy sneaker style soles. Then you might be able to use a larger size fin. I used to dive in 3mm fairly minimal booties, because I only dive warm water. I moved to heavier booties that provided better support when walking, and had to move up a fin size. The increase in power of moving to a larger blade was very nice.

Which Aqualung fins did you like? I dive Aqualung (actually US Divers) fins that haven't been made in many years. When I need a new pair I've always been able to pick them up cheap on eBay.

Or, there's the freediving fin route.

Let me echo finding full soled booties first! Then find the fins. For my size 5 feet, I like Seasoft's XXXS Stealth 6mm Bootie. Then you can use whatever fin you want. Unfortunately they don't make the XXXS in their thinner 3 mm SunRay bootie but your foot is bigger than mine and you might fit their XXS as it it is for size 6-7 Women.

Lindy

have u tried scubapro jetfin with 5mm hard sole shoes? my wife hv a small feet (us size 5-6) and she is happy with jet fin size medium. The onecmade in USA have a smaller pocket (with same lenght of the one made in Taiwan)

debs-
If you cannot find a suitable combination of fins with small foot pockets, and suitable dive boots or shoes, bear in mind that you can make custom inserts for the foot pockets in any fins. There are variou silicone and other plastic products designed for making molds, casting on body parts, fitting orthotics, and even used to custom fit earpieces and hearing aids. They are all somewhat hard to find or expensive when you look for materials that can be used on flesh, but "foot skin" isn't the most delicate to start with.
With any of these products, you could mix up a batch inside the foot pocket, then insert your foot firmly, strap it in or have a friend help position it, and wait about 20 minutes for the material to harden up. Remove the foot (did I mention, grease it?) and now you've got a custom foot pocket.
An orthotic or orthotic shoe fitter should be able to work with you if that's more complicated than you want to deal with, but of course they'll be pricey.

Back
Top Bottom