fins for kids

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DIVER_11

Contributor
Reaction score
my son has been diving for a while with some really cheap fins
he's kind of small so ? is what is a good fin for small people.

he's not real stong so would splits be better
just want to spend wise.

not really made for kids, but my nieghbors 2 daughters have been using traditional jetfins since they were 9 & 10 for snorkeling with no problems. Both wear a US mens size 5, Just right for Medium Jets.

Aloha, Tim

Unfortunately, it seems if you've got a kid with a small foot, you may be stuck with a full-foot kids snorkeling fin, like the kind that Direct Diver recommended.

Our 12-year-old daughter had a girls size 5 foot last year, and nothing fit except one of those full-foot snorkeling fins. Very, very floppy, not good in current, but it worked OK in calm water. She wore neoprene beach shoes in them (tropical shore entries in the Red Sea).

This year, now that she's a size 6, I ordered a pair of Tusa Liberator fins for her from ScubaToys. They're the only open-heel fins I could find that small. We'll see.

--Marek

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom