Fins for Cavern and possibly beyond?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The force fins do look interesting. After looking at their site and the prices, I could have 3 or 4 sets of jets or the like for about the same price. Unless they actually do the kicking for you, I dont think its in my budget. I appreciate the information though.

Edit: Dont take this the wrong way, I really am grateful for the information. I appreciate your input.

I assume the rock boots are more comfortable out of the water?

Bad assumption, actually.

Whether to get Rock Boots or not is a personal choice depending mainly on where you dive and conditions. Rock Boots are great if you need to walk over, um, well, rocks and stuff to get into the water. I find Rock Boots to be VERY uncomfortable in the water and on land. The neoprene sock stuffed into the rock boot would always get folded over or have a seam laying the wrong way and hurt like heck. Hate them.

Since 99% of my diving is off a boat I have Turbo Soles on my DUI dry suits. Basically neoprene socks with a thick rubber sneaker-like sole built in. I wouldn't want to walk a mile in them, but for standing around on a boat or walking across the parking lot to the steps down to a spring they are fine.

I wear XL Jets with spring straps that fit perfectly over my dry suit's XL Turbo Soles and over my ScubaPro Delta size 10 wetsuit booties.

I have seen a fair few cave divers. None of them wore Force Fins. 'Nuff said.

Blair,do Force Fins pay you by the post ?

Force Fin's New Ambassador in Residence, O.A.S., X-Ray Magzine....

I post on Tuesday for Force Fin on their sub equipment Forum. All my Post are not paid for. Just passing experience just as a member. In closed enviroments like wreck a lot of people use Force Fin. I perefer using them inside wrecks. I really don't do much cave diving so I will make that more clear next. Thanks for the link . Have you read any of the post on their Sub Forum?
Blair Mott

I have Avanti Quattro fins right now. I was wondering if it would be benificial to pick up some jets.

The reason I am even considering different fins is because it is difficult for me to do some of the kicking styles required for close quarters/silty areas.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I dived Quattros for years. Did intro cave with them and could even back up (slowly) on a good day.

Got a pair of jets and just preferred them. In the Quattros (which I could actually wear with both my drysuit and a wetsuit) my feet tended to float. The Jets fixed that and the reverse kick was SO much easier.

I now have a pair of XL Jets (Drysuit) L Jets (Wetsuit) and a pair of Quattros that never get used :D

If money is tight why not do Cavern in the Quattros and buy some Jets if/when you get a drysuit. (Unless you are as lucky as me to be able to wear the Quattros with both suits)

And as has already been mentioned the cost of an extra pair of jets is trivial compared to drysuits,steel doubles,can lights etc.

Have Fun !

Thanks, I will go ahead with the cavern course with my current gear configuration. I am trying to gather as much info as possible for up coming purchases so when I am ready I can make an informed decision. I think this years tax refund may go towards a dry suit and I will go from there. I will make these purchases bit by bit because basically I have a % of my income set aside for scuba. That keeps me from just going out and blowing all my money on this stuff as it is so easy to do.

Thanks again for all your help!

I have force fin pro that fit when I dive drysuit or wet. I love my ff's.
Yes they are expensive but well worth it IMHO. They do take a couple of dives to get use to but...
See you topside! John

Tested for over 5 years the SD1 military dive fin .is finally rolling out 3-10-08. They do very well cave diving but come at a price...$700.00. Please don't cry, my assistant and I put them together and they cost me a arm and leg to produce. Yes, I do sign them and I build a file on you as a personal friend.:blinking:

And a friend of the Fin Doctor is a very fine thing to be....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom