Fins Choice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

skimphish

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi all,

i am looking to buy a new set of fins. i am a begining diver, and have logged 9 dives so far. i had been renting fins from the shops here, and found that i do really like split fin designs, but havent really found one that makes me go "OMG this is amazing!" lol. most have been very comfortable. right now i am using the Aqualung Rocket Fins (what the navy uses, a friend of mine, who is in the navy, let me have his pair). where i do like the "torque" that they have, it takes a lot of endurance to keep going.

so what fins would yall suggest? i was kinda looking at the Oceanic Vortex V12 fins. im not looking to spend a whole lot, i was hoping for under $150 or so. less would be better. lol.

thanks yall!

Split fins, although very popular, don’t really produce any propulsion. Look for a good mid-range fin with a flexible center core like the TUSA Imprex.

Be safe and have fun in the water! Bruce

If you can spare an extra $50 I would suggest Force Fins. I tried a lot of fins before getting a pair of force fins and you would have a hard time getting me to dive anything else. They are more expensive the other fins however; you get what you pay. I have had my force fins for about 5 years now and expect they will last another 10+. They are very durable and can take a licking and keep on kicking.

Best of luck finding a fin you enjoy.

S

Split fins, although very popular, don’t really produce any propulsion. Look for a good mid-range fin with a flexible center core like the TUSA Imprex or the Dive Rite ones.

Be safe and have fun in the water! Bruce

I believe i have tried the Tusa Imprex before and was not a huge fan of them. they were what i got certified with, and didnt like them too much.

now another question, does everyone suggest buying gear from leisure pro? i have everything but a BC and fins (the rest of my gear my neighbor gave to me :cool2:). so next step is fins for me, and a BC later on.

thanks again!

oh, also, id prefer that they be open heel, not full foot. i bought a pair of aqualung booties and LOVE them, so id like to use them. lol

now another question, does everyone suggest buying gear from leisure pro?

Which fins should I get?
Should I buy from LeisurePro?

canofworms.jpg

Any others you want to open?

Maybe add "Should I get an Air II?" and go for the Trifecta all in one thread!

:)

Split Fins - LeisurePro -- both in one thread.

This should be good! :wink:

By chance, have you done a search on a the board? If not, I suggest that you do one...soon. These topics which have been discussed ad nauseum, will have the flamethrowers out in a few hours. If you're not trolling, you will soon discover what I mean.

i did do some reading, and i couldnt find a definitive answer. some ppl say splits, others say blades. so i was hoping someone could narrow it down a bit more.

as for the whole leisure pro thing, sorry about that. lol. scuba is new to me, so i have quite a few newb questions. lol. so lets just stick with the fins and ill find a place to buy them on my own.

so please, please, DONT FLAME ME! lol. yall cant be nearly as bad as the guys on the car forums. lol.

so lets just stick with the fins and ill find a place to buy them on my own.

I'd suggest finding a place that will let you try different pairs, find some you like, and buy them there.

Which fins should I get?
Should I buy from LeisurePro?

canofworms.jpg

Any others you want to open?

Maybe add "Should I get an Air II?" and go for the Trifecta all in one thread!

:)

Don't forget Spare Air!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom