Finished OPW and Nitrox

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MasterFritts

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Killed two birds with one stone. Today I completed my checkouts at Loch Low-Minn in Athens, TN. The visibility was only about 15 feet but I had a blast. Thanks to everyone who posts here. I have read much valuable information.

Now I have a license to learn :)

Next week I go for the AOW checkouts. Thinking about Drysuit in Nov.

Attachments

• UnderwaterBouvi.jpg
    UnderwaterBouvi.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
That beats my viz today by about 12 feet :p

Congrats, and keep diving. If it's cold, go dry ASAP.

Greetings MasterFritts and congratulations on your certifications. Nitrox opens a whole new window into diving. I have enjoyed using and learning more about it all summer. It adds a cool tool for dive planning and makes for some really awesome dives.
You will enjoy diving dry for dive season never ends!!! I enjoy diving in the winter it is never crowded and hot chocolate / tea never tasted so good.
Good luck with AOW, hope you have good visibility and don't forget your batteries/ lights if doing the night dive portion. Safe diving and have a blast!
CamG Keep diving....keep training....keep learning!

your lucky my ow check out dive viz was about 4-5' but hey... congrats and welcome to the world of EANx

Don't rush from course to course. Take time out to actually go diving.

Don't rush from course to course. Take time out to actually go diving.

Here is my reasoning behind taking these courses.

Open Water
1st Step and needed.

Advanced Open Water
Open Water 102 as my instructor calls it. This course allowed me to hone my skills with an instructor and help to become more familiar with the underwater environment helping make me a safer diver.

Nitrox
Allows me as a beginner an extra safety net by using air charts I build in a nice margin in the dive. As I progress in my abilities I can start staying down longer as Nitrox allows.

Dry Suit
Allows me to dive year round in TN so that I can continue to dive, dive, dive.

After these 4 I will dive my fool head off and work on other certifications after I honed my skills during these dives.

To me those 4 represent a good basis for diving and allow me to be a better and safer diver.

I passed the AOW course this weekend and will go diving next weekend and then possibly the dry suit class Nov 1st.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom