Finish DM with different Instructor?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Update... I got a certified letter on Saturday from this instructor. As expected, it was NOT my original paperwork but copies that are stapled together in the fashion that a 2 year old would do (not straight at all, kind of a joke to be honest). As also expected, over half is NOT filled out. Things like all of my waterskills work he put "did not witness". He was not there but we were given lattitude to have another witness there when we did them at an olympic sized pool. He downgraded almost all of the scores on the paperwork too, things like "willingness to follow directions" he scratched out the 5 that was there and put a 3... what a dirtbag. Also, there is another instructor who works out of his shop, which I did probably half of this with, he signed his name for him... I would say that is forgery. At the bottom of each page he writes a note about whomever I go to needs to call him about "this DM candidate". On every page...
Well, I am scheduled to have a phone conversation with PADI sometime today, I am NOT going to hold things back this time. I've tried to be nice about it til I saw my paperwork, and after getting this, I'm going to press full court with PADI now... this is ridiculous! I was done!

Still checking on that one... no one seems to be talking yet. I still am waiting on the person who I believe contacted him so I can get the real story here. I'm so frustrated with the whole thing I'm ready to just forget the whole thing, which I know is exactly what he wants me to do. Just frustrating....

Water skills must be witnessed by the instructor as far as I know. As for the other stiff sounds like a half-assed thing from the get go. You should not have had to do anything extra due to "changes" in standards. Have you looked thru your instructor manual to determine what is what? If you don't have one, why not? I'd like to know what PADI says about this as well. This instructor sounds like he has real issues.

My bet is he never sent in the completed app since you would have already received notification of it by now and the PADI rep that is involved would have said you are done, nothing further needed. Within 2 or 3 days of my app being sent in I received an email from Angela R. stating my app was approved and card should arrive in a few weeks.

It has been my understanding the skills must be witnessed and evaluated by the instructor. Makes me wonder about the quality control of his instruction.

everything must be witnesed by aninstructor. You can have several that worked with you toward your DM.

My bet is he never sent in the completed app .

It will be interesting to see how this washes out....since the OP stated the Instructor emailed PADI to expedite processing....that would lead one to believe he actually did send in the app....

Back
Top Bottom