Fine Dining on Maui ???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cra2

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
We'll be staying in Kihei July 11th - 17th.

Are there any places we "MUST" go for dinner while we're on Maui?

Any world-class restaurants, eclectic menus, or unique views?

thanks,
cra2

We *do* have the golden arches :wink:

The only *must* do place has now closed... Auntie Janes lunch wagon near Kaupo... :( best burgers on the island

I recommend:

-Bada-Bing, Kihei - "Jersey-style" italian, cheap!
-Pacific-o, Lahaina - Pacific-fusion, etc., great sunset views
-BJ's Chicago pizza, Lahaina - dunno if it's genuine Chicago, but it is tasty...

I think there were a couple of others, but nothing immediately comes to mind...

Oh, man, we had dinner at a really, really nice place in Kihei when we were recently there, but the name escapes me . . . I'll try to get it from my in-laws.

BJ's Pizerria is great pizza, Moose McGillicuddy's is great bar food, both are in Lahaina. Neither are "fine" dining.

If you want more upscale "fine dining" as well as a great experience in a funky tropical surrounding, try Mama's Fish House in Paia. It's great, best dining experience I've had in Hawaii. Not cheap, entrees can run in the 35-45 buck range, but probably a better deal than many high end resort restaurants. Maui Revealed raves about it, do a google search for "mama's fish house maui" and read their website and reviews on the other hits to get an idea of the place.

Yum, Yum.

friscuba:
If you want more upscale "fine dining" as well as a great experience in a funky tropical surrounding, try Mama's Fish House in Paia. It's great, best dining experience I've had in Hawaii. Not cheap, entrees can run in the 35-45 buck range, but probably a better deal than many high end resort restaurants.

Sounds EXACTLY like the kind of fine- or exotic-dining we're looking for.
Thanks!

I used to go to Longhi's every time I pulled into Lahaina. Now there are two Roy's and a Sam Choy also on Maui.
You will long remember any of these meals.

What about Spago's in Wailea?

friscuba:
If you want more upscale "fine dining" as well as a great experience in a funky tropical surrounding, try Mama's Fish House in Paia. It's great, best dining experience I've had in Hawaii. Not cheap, entrees can run in the 35-45 buck range, but probably a better deal than many high end resort restaurants. Maui Revealed raves about it, do a google search for "mama's fish house maui" and read their website and reviews on the other hits to get an idea of the place.

Yum, Yum.

Ditto, on Mama's. If I only had one place that I could eat on Maui and maybe all of the Islands it would be Mama's. Call early for reservations the place is always busy and it is unlikely you can get in without one.

Enjoy Hawaii.

Mahalo,

Dave

Back
Top Bottom