Fine dining after a day of diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Devils_advocate

Contributor
Reaction score
Going to Cancun (June 18-28) on a dive trip and it overlap's my anniversary. So I want to plan a nice dinner/evening for my wife and I. Any suggestions?

On the hotel strip -- Bogart's, Paseo Kukulkan, 998-883-1133. Casablanca themed in a tasteful way.

In towards town -- La Habichuela, Margaritas 25, 998-884-3158. Spanish for green bean, open air terrace with fairy lights in the trees. Get the coconut curry shrimp in the coconut husk.

Both quite atmospheric.

Bon appetite.

DocVikingo

:) Sory Doc,

I have already printed out your message with the phone numbers. I'm still doing some research. And please forgive my ignorance to newsgroups for I am still really new at the newsgroup thing. I had some questions about your recommendations..

1. Are both resteraunts suit and tie affairs?

2. Need reservations and if so how far in advance?

3. Is there live music at either of them?

Once again sorry about not replying no offence ment. Thanks so much for your help! Your making my life easier! And I'm sure my wife will thank you later.

David

Cancun doesn't do suits & ties at restaurants unless you are dining with an important commercial or government official. Slacks & a sports jacket will already place you sartorially ahead of the bulk of your fellow diners. This a Mexican beach resort tourist venue. Kick back, son.

Reservations probably not necessary, but certainly no reason to make them more than a day or two in advance. Bogart's had music when I was there, but can't say for sure about this coming June.

If you have time to cruise restaurants before deciding, also look at Club Grill, Paseo Kukulkan, 998-885-0808 & La Dolce Vita, Paseo Kukulkan, 998-884-1384. Food at the latter can be very good.

Have fun.

DocVikingo

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom