Finally Made It!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

brutus_scuba

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello All,

I introduced myself in this forum a few weeks ago because I was going to be moving to the PNW well I finally made it and I'm living in Port Orchard. I'll be looking for some good folks to dive with.

I went to the state park in Bremerton today just to check out the water and saw tons of Jelly Fish, but visiblity looked pretty decent from the end of the dock at least 10 to 15 feet.

The neck seal on my dry suit is busted and I'll be buying a new one in a few weeks, but in the mean time I'm stuck to a 7mm FJ. I should be able to handle a few dives in that in the sound. Other than the sound what lakes can I dive around here?

Now that I"m in the area I'll be working 8-4 M-F in Bremerton, but outside that I"m very open for diving any other time.

With the warm weather we are having, you will appreciate the wetsuit for a few weeks. :)

Vis has been up and down lately. Some places are better than others, but we have been averaging about 10-15 feet, but inches in others. This latest bloom should be over soon, just in time for awesome fall diving.

Port Orchard is a nice place. My brother in-law lives there and is the editor of the local paper. Let us know if you head over to the other side of the bridge to dive.

brutus:
I'm diving a 7mm and have been in 46 degree F here with no problem. Drysuits are nice, but wetsuits can work just fine also.
Enjoy!
Dave

Finally made it in the water today at EUWP. It was amazing I'm pretty forsure I have moved to the best part of the country for diving, it was absolutely amazing. Visibility was probably nearly 25 feet, and the water wasn't too bad at 53 degrees. I didn't get in a real long dive in, and found the swim out to the park to be a lil' lengthy.

I can't wait to get back in, and hopefully get a new drysuit here in the near future.

I live across the bridge from you...in Tacoma
If you would like to hook up for a dive...give a shout!
Kirsten
Scubak@comcast.net

If you don't need a whole new dry suit, local shops can replace neck seals. I've had two done at Northwest Sports Divers, but I know they aren't the only folks who can do it.

Brutus the best lake that is close to ya is Cresent lake, Just west of port angeles.

In national parks ya need ta take a dive flag of somesort while diving.

Over to the east is LK Chelen, on the columbia river under the falls is cool cave ta dive,
NW of ya is Quanault lk has an underwater forest.

Now if ya want to be more at home (Lake Erie) Lake Washington has the same kinda wrecks, Cold fresh water to keep preserved, yet vis is down its no different than night diving.

You have your choice on your dive day here in washington, and there are many more lakes to dive in the area.

Happy Diving

If you don't need a whole new dry suit, local shops can replace neck seals. I've had two done at Northwest Sports Divers, but I know they aren't the only folks who can do it.

I plan on having the neck seals replaced, but then I would like to pass the drysuit on to my girlfriend. She's into diving too, and she will have all her own gear here in a few days (we just ordered her BCD from friends in Ohio), and that will complete her gear. I'd like to get a nice new pretty drysuit.

There are a few dry suit events coming up next month...

DUI Dog Days Sept 6-7. I think the cost is $15. It is at Les Davis Park, in Tacoma. They will have their complete line of drysuits and BCDs/harness systems to try and dive.

White's Demo Day Sept 14. It is FREE. It is also at Les Davis Park, in Tacoma. They will have the Fusion, as well as their other suits to dive as well.

Seasoft Scuba garage sale, Sept 26-28, at A-2-Z Scuba. There will be deals on a lot of closeout items, including compressed neoprene drysuits under $1000.

Yeah I've been tracking the demo days since I left Ohio, I went to the demo days at Gilboa, and the fusuion at Portage Quarry before I moved out here, but not having started my job then I knew I would wait till I started working to buy my drysuit, Now that I'm out here and working I can do it, and I want to swing by again to make myself eligible for the discounts.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom