Finally hit dive #100

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sarita75

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am super happy that I can finally report that I've done #100. Sweet. Was going to try for Monastery with Mark and another friend, but the conditions for entry and exit were iffy. We went around to MacAbee and the beach was lake-like but I guess it was pea soup underneath. So we went back around to Monastery to hope that slack tide brought better entry opportunities. En route, we decided to amuse ourselves by going to Lobos to see if we could get in. Funny really - Sunday, sunny and decent conditions reports? Unlikely. BUT the Dive Gods (or whomever you believe) were smiling upon us and we got in. It has hotter then heck putting on a 7mm wetsuit at midday, but the water felt great when I got in. We swam out of the cove heading to the famed Hole in the Wall. Descending the viz was great but MAN - at about 30 feet there was a very notable decline in the temperature. Computer rated it between 46 and 47 degrees. Sheesh.

Photos are here: April 2009 - 100th @ Point Lobos

I still need to do the blog on it.

:lol: What he said.

:yeahbaby: 100 :yeahbaby:

Congrats!

Congratulations! I know I enjoyed diving with you last year and look forward to diving with you and other NorCal divers again soon.

Way to go, Sarita75!!!! I remember how excited I was to hit 100! Congratulations! I also did the Hole in the Wall for my 100th and 200th (but in Jupiter, not Ca.) Keep up the good work and you'll be hitting 200 in no time!

Thank you all! And thanks for the reminder to update my profile!! :) YEAH! And here's to the next 100!

Way to go girl.... You are really getting the best out of that wetsuit to endure those temps, yikes... You and Mike Mill are the champions of the wetsuits, I will not be caught in those temps in my wetsuit, just cannot handle it...

I did 77 degrees in my 7mm while in Fl and it was like in a bathtub relaxing... Ahhh....

Your pics are beautiful and thanks for taking pics of you and the serenity, sometimes nothing but Macro pics can get old...

MG

did you do it nekkid?

I'm so happy I was able to join you for that dive Sarah!! I definitely think the Dive Gods were watching over you so you could do your 100th at one of the best dive sites in the area. :D

Here is a not so good pic of the event. Sorry I didn't get a better one but my flash wasn't cooperating. :depressed:

IMG_4580_copy2.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom