Fin Strap Thumb Loops

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NW Dive Dawg

SDI / TDS Solo Diver
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Trying to find these aftermarket fin strap plastic thumb loops. Makes it easier to don and doff fins with 7mm gloves. PS... I don't use dry gloves. I've searched but not even sure what to call them. Any ideas? Thanks!

ArqDRBF.jpg

Not sure how attached you are to your current straps, but the new Mares Quattro strap comes with a giant loop. These are easy to don with 5mm gloves in the sound (I haven't yet moved up to 7mm).

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220528-113045_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20220528-113045_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 39
I switched to a simple bungee cord for fin straps several years ago. They are very easy to remove the fins with a finger without any loops.
I saw the straps with loops for sale at Underwater Sports Federal Way.

Thanks for the responses.... for me the 7mm gloves are a bit lacking in dexterity...... but they are great for harvesting pectin and rock scallops. Dry gloves would fail quickly in that scenario. Those old high density poly fin grips in my pic were awesome and much easier to "feel" the fin staps when donning fins...

The Deep6 Eddy fins come with a spring strap, and a plastic handle with a loop over the spring strap. If you unscrew the springs, the plastic handle will slide right off. I imagine that these handles will wear out and break long before the fins themselves, so they might just sell them separately. I'd recommend giving them a call to ask: +1 (404) 800-5967.

blue_flipper_pair_2.jpeg

I use Hollis tabs on all my fins. I've found them to be the most robust. I do during winter wear dry gloves and the loop is a nice size.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom