Fin markings = diver ID

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My old Slipstreams or current Deep 6 Eddy fins usually stand out on liveaboard trips without modification. Most of the other fins on board have a split up the middle. Weird, I know.

What's your call sign?

Cheers - MM
It's Dragon. Got DRA on one fin and GON on the other. Makes for a cool pic floating on the surface with the fin tips out.

My dive team all have their names on, all have 6 letter names or surnames. I don't so had to get creative and use my old callsign.

It's Dragon. Got DRA on one fin and GON on the other. Makes for a cool pic floating on the surface with the fin tips out.

My dive team all have their names on, all have 6 letter names or surnames. I don't so had to get creative and use my old callsign.

Mine is BOKKIE. But I refuse to turn my fins into a L & R.

I put my initials in 3" reflective letters,on the bottom of my fins. Show up well even on night dives.

Being a cave diver where control and no contact is the general rule, I painted the Crash Test Dummy target on my fins.

Not that good a pic...and btw, they are for sale ;-)

Attachments

• P1030719.JPG
    P1030719.JPG
    63.4 KB · Views: 118
On my very first boat dive the crew threw all the removed fins in a big pile, many of them being blue. One of mine apparently wound up in Tahiti or somewhere so I wound up with two different blue fins. Now I use splits with fin straps, so unlikely to be mistakenly taken by someone.

Cameron, assume you're not worried about a fin mix up at James Bay.....assume you mean on a dive trip....

I ordered a set of DGX twin jet knockoffs for myself for my birthday...my wife ordered a set of White Mares Avanti Quatros for me As a surprise. Both are good fins, but then I came across a set of Quatros in yellow for a great price. When we dive together we have one yellow and one white. Works great. When I dive solo, I use the DGX fins.

Like the idea of the trailer tape, I have that on our tanks.

Safe travels everyone!!
Jay

I’m going to pick up the trailer tape, great idea.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom