Fin markings = diver ID

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

On our last trip we were diver 5 and my wife diver 6. That was done with duct tape and a marker to our fins. Now that the trip is over we are back to being anonymous.

I use 2 red and 1 white strip of conspicuity tape for tractor trailers.i re-apply every 2 months. My dive partner uses the opposite of 2 white 1 red. Harbor freight sells a package of them for $2. We cut to size and apply. They reflect extremely well.
20171008_125854.jpg

We dive some spots that are extremely low Vis. I had a few extra laying around at work. So I put them on, low an behold they worked great. It is very easy to see, even at distance, in low visibility. Necessity is the mother of invention.

Bob, Exactly how does that help in TEAM diving? We're talking about ID'ing another diver from his fin decor

Maybe his buddy is a good one, close enough a red ziptie is all that's needed. ; )

Great ideas rolling in! Thanks for humoring the thread topic.

I once had a random OW diver off another boat go remora on me out of no where during a dive... turned out I had the same fins as his instructor. Early bonding instincts are strong and he missed a turn the instructor had made keeping his eyes on my fins instead.

Cheers,
Cameron

Both my fins are "left foot" they both have an L on them
That explains my dancing. And apparently my p-valve accessories are left handed too.

Ok now. How to recover from that quip...

Oh here: A guy I met who uses luminous paint for leading night dives. Glowing eyes on each fin. Regularly reapplied and annoying brilliant under UV light.

I have reflective tape and two phrases written in paint marker.....
“Check your air” and
“I’m lost too”

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom