Fin and Boot problem - need advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kokopeli

Registered
Reaction score
Hello there,

I'm new to the board, so please forgive me if this has already been asked. I am a woman and no matter how think the booties I wear are, I find my fin pockets are always a little too big and wobble throughout my dives. I now have four different type of boots and shoes and have the Tusa Xpert Zoom fins along with my new Mares Metal fins....both size small. It's a sideways wobble and it's very distracting during dives. Any suggestions???

There are fin-foot inserts that you can buy that will make a more snug fit for a narrow foot - this is something that you need to attend to...

Can you please let me know where I can locate these? or which manufacturers make them?

Thanks,

http://www.kidspot.org/personal/scuba

You might check out the dimensions of the medium Jetfins to see how the foot pocket compares to your current fins (medium really should be xsmall IMHO) - They work for mens US sizes 4-6 it seems.

Try just wedging a small rag or something in the pocket where you have the wobble.

A

kokopeli:
Hello there,

I'm new to the board, so please forgive me if this has already been asked. I am a woman and no matter how think the booties I wear are, I find my fin pockets are always a little too big and wobble throughout my dives. I now have four different type of boots and shoes and have the Tusa Xpert Zoom fins along with my new Mares Metal fins....both size small. It's a sideways wobble and it's very distracting during dives. Any suggestions???

Try the yellow Apollo bio fin in an Xtra Small.:05:
Here is a link:http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=YellowBioFin

You can sell your other fins on this board in the classifieds.

Altered gear is a red flag for potential problems. Ill fitting gear is too!
Diving should be enjoyable. Get the right gear...sell the stuff thats too big!:wink:

nothing wrong with some gear alterations, certainly something like this. Maybe she has very narrow feet and will have problems with any fins. If you can find some sort of inserts it might be a good idea. As far as DIY, instead of stuffing rags in the pocket I think I'd experiment with scrap neoprene. You could even aquaseal it to a pair of boots in the right places, would look funny but so what.

How about neoprene socks inside a larger boot?

You'll probably have to go to a store specializing in freediving and spearfishing to get the socks, which are normally worn with full foot fins.

And there's always the duct tape alternative. :)

I have to agree with DiveDoggie,

The Apollo biofins footpockets are very pliable and comfortable rubber. I have a pair of mediums, and a pair of largers in the biofins, one for wet diving, one for dry. After putting my foot with my wet boots in the larges, they just suck it up and almost mold to the foot even if they are a bit big. I'm going to try my Large BioFins with my smaller boot on a dive, and if they are comfortable (which I anticipate), I'll sell the mediums.

Ron

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom