Fiji water temperature

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divergirl50, I believe it is 24-26C according to the net at Beqa in October.

Diving in October I think you'll be fine in a 3mm, saying that when I was there I dived in a sharkskin and found that perfect. My wife insisted on the 5mm and she was glad of it when we hit some of the colder currents coming up from the deeper outer reef areas (great shark spots).

Enjoy your dives.

David

Anxious to hear what temp the waters are when you get back. October is spring there hoping its not too cold!

Yes I saw that but dont trust anyone when it comes to water temp but divers that have been there! Sometimes places tend to go on the warmer side and if they arent divers they dont understand that 2 degrees is a big deal when making long dives!

I was in fiji, and returned a week ago. I stayed on the island of Kadavu, and the water was around 74 degrees.

I had only brought a 3 mil. After my first day of diving with just the 3 mil i was dreading going diving the next day. Fortunately i was able to get another wetsuit from the dive shop which i layered on top and gave me 6 mm.

I would definitely bring the 7 mil if you do not want to buy a 5.

I also just returned from Fiji last week. Water temps were between 73-79F. Most of the diving was 77F. Of the 17 people I dove with there was quite a range of thermal protection. One woman dove with a rash guard skin and her husband wore a 1/2mm. I don't know how they did it. The first few dives I wore a 3mm ( a real 3mm). I felt cold so added a 3mm vest. Dove some more and added a hood. Still cold I went to my 5mm with a hood. Perfect. My wife did basically the same progression to a thicker suit. There were also divers wearing 6mm. Most of the 3mm divers complained of being chilled. Of course the guy in his 1/2mm and his wife in the skin said they were fine. Go figure

Haha I know people who dive in their shark skins when it is 17C! I guess some people have high cold tolerances.

I actually got to dive in warmer water on the weekend. I am used to diving in 9-11C. I travelled interstate to a place that had 17C and did 101minutes in my 7mm. I was a bit warm through the dive to be honest. My friends were diving in 3mm. So still leaning towards my 3mm + 3mm hooded vest as it will be 8C warmer than that. But will make my mind up a bit closer (only three weeks away!) Thanks for your report back too :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom