Fiji vs. Palau vs. Tahiti

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ok gang, I'm going to Fiji. The flight situation is pretty straightforward and how can you go wrong with Fiji? My sense is that Palau might be more to my liking from a diving perspective but I'll get there hopefully next year.

Thank you again for the responses

Aggressor or Nai'a? Both great operations...
Good choice, life is long so don't worry about it...

PalauDiver:
Being from Palau I can say it is the best diving I have ever done :wink: I hope you enjoy yourself.

I second that! . . .and third and fourth (seven trips in the past five years)!
Will be going to Fiji for the first time over Christmas/New Years (Wananavu Beach Resort and Kai Viti Divers). Looking forward to seeing some of the World's best and most colorful Soft Coral. . .

ken chung ar:
hi shasta_man,

thank u for ur comments on BBE. it was very encouraging and tought me what was waiting for me.

i'm leaving friday next week to enjoy BBE in palau. it took me six months to prepare this trip 'cause i was determined to dive my dolphin there. i want to express my gratitude to the staff of explorer fleet in manila office, as they have been very helpful

now it's all over, and the only thing left is to hop on the flight.

ken chung ar

Tell Gat "hi" from Shaw's Cove.....

Otter:
Tell Gat "hi" from Shaw's Cove.....

hi otter,

who's gat? one of the crew members on BBE?

ken chung ar

Mike Veitch:
He's the boat manager. Sarcastic Filippino fella.

thank u for letting me know.

ms ann tan, one of the girls at makati office of Scuba World, wrote to me that the boat manager was looking forward to seeing me. so, it's probably gat.

now, i'm looking forward to seeing him, too, 'cause i have never met any sarcastic filipino guys. they are usually pretty opportunistic and straightforward.

ken chung ar

menemsha43:
Nai'a - There was a couple on the last liveaboard I did who recommended it.

Had I caught this thread at the beginning, I'd have said "Fiji." if you dive in the right places. I've dived both Lau and the eastern Bligh Water there and it can be better than Palau. Although I've never been aboard the Nai'a, from what I've heard it will expose you to the best.

On the other hand, were the question left wide open, I might well have said "The Bilikiki in the Solomons." In any case, you'll be delighted.

Back
Top Bottom