FIJI: Matana Resort & Wananavu

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

peterjmaerz

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Dear Pacific divers,

Looking at a trip to Fiji in late April. Have read volumes on the web and in Undercurrent, but could always use more feedback. Pretty much committed to splitting my two weeks between the above resorts and their respective dive ops, Dive Kadavu and Crystal Divers.
Anyone with experience with either or both of the above? Also have seen a wide range of water temp estimates for late April. Would you like to take a shot at a guess?
Thanks very much, as always.:book:

peterjmaerz once bubbled...
Dear Pacific divers,

Looking at a trip to Fiji in late April. Have read volumes on the web and in Undercurrent, but could always use more feedback. Pretty much committed to splitting my two weeks between the above resorts and their respective dive ops, Dive Kadavu and Crystal Divers.
Anyone with experience with either or both of the above? Also have seen a wide range of water temp estimates for late April. Would you like to take a shot at a guess?
Thanks very much, as always.:book:

Having been there 3 times, I'd expect you to be pleased by the Wananavu/Crystal Divers combination.
When I was there last July, the water temps were about 80F and I wouldn't look for them to be very different in April.

Enjoy!

We have been to Fiji a number of times and tried several resorts and there is one that I recommend. Treasure Island hands down is the best for diving and relaxing. The whole island can be walked around in 15 minutes. It is VERY small! We go in May which is the shoulder season and it is by far the best we have been to. We got the unlimited diving, 2 weeks, all food, free sports like cayaking, sailing, putt-putt course, volleyball, etc...
But the one defining point with this resort is that it is surrounded by a marine sanctuary. Of all the other resorts we have visited Treasure Island is the only one with a nice reef system surrounding it. All the others are just sand, mud, or rock. The best thing is that we spent about $2500 per person total (flight and all).
http://www.fiji-treasure.com/main.html
If you ahve any questions I would be glad to give it a shot.

Have been to both and IMHO Rakiraki/Wananavu/Crystal Divers is far better diving. Unless you can get well out into the Great Astrolabe Reef, Kadavu is not among the best land-based diving Fiji has to offer.

If you want to hit another island, I'd suggest Taveuni up in the NE. Both Matangi Resort & Garden Isle are nice properties with excellent dive ops, and some great sites.

Expected water temp in late April is around 83 degrees.

Lucky you.

DocVikingo

Hey All,

Thanks very much for your input. For some reason the automatic notification of responses is not working for me these days.
And Doc, I think it's time for you to write your own dive travel guide, judging by the quantity and quality of your responses!
Any other folks who'd like to add their Fiji thoughts...have at it and thanks again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom