Fiji Aggressor - Condemned

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A coat of paint and new carpet go a long way. We dont get to see the inner hull or engine room. The average diver, especially one who doesnt own a boat back home, would have no idea what kind of structural or mechanical problems a boat might have, as long as the paint and carpet look nice, the food was good and the beds were comfy. It is easy to have a great diving vacation on a borderline sinking boat, if you had no idea the boat was on that line.

That is valid, but since this has happened I have spoken to a couple of people who had been on that boat and they confirmed that it was a million miles away from being ‘superb’ 6/10 max... I guess that everyone has a different measuring stick but it’s a bit frustrating that boat reviews have basically become as valid as trip advisor reviews... although I’m not sure they were ever really valid...hats why the reviews on this board are so important IMO. There is a dialogue as opposed to ‘saw a fish on a rowboat!’ 1billion/10!!

Perhaps we should just send trailboss on a review trip on every boat in the world to finally put it all to bed :)

<<A coat of paint and new carpet go a long way.>> My thought is that is true for a day or two but after about 3-4 days of living on it 24/7, it's becoming evident there are problems because everything has a lot or a little wrong with it. The kitchen stuff doesn't work. The anchor doesn't go up and down right, the outboard on the skiff doesn't work, the compressor doesn't work all the time, etc.

I thought they got reviews from the passengers at the end of each cruise so the "surprise" seems questionable.

<<A coat of paint and new carpet go a long way.>> My thought is that is true for a day or two but after about 3-4 days of living on it 24/7, it's becoming evident there are problems because everything has a lot or a little wrong with it. The kitchen stuff doesn't work. The anchor doesn't go up and down right, the outboard on the skiff doesn't work, the compressor doesn't work all the time, etc.

Agreed and you would think that. Yet people will still rave about a boat that nearly strands them in the open Pacific.

I appreciate the honest feedback you get on this site, even if its too honest at times.

Is it an absolute certainty the owners pulled it out of the water or did the maritime authorities make the decision for them?

I'm always surprised that very very few divers ever see beyond carpet and paint. If I'd booked on a LOB and the owner c/d seemed hesitant about anything being seen I'd be curious as to why.

So Aggressor owners went on board in Sept. - Oct. needless to say they (he) was not happy with the condition. Boat was immediately pulled from the rotation for repairs. It only showed March 19th on the availability chart but if you looked closer it revealed unavailable then in dry dock through March. It's no longer listed in Aggressor's available itineraries.

Don
I was on that boat in 2013 and thought it should have been condemned then. My buddy was almost electrocuted unplugging her laptop. The railing everywhere was held on by a few rusted screws that’s pulled out at the slightest touch. The crew was lackadaisical at best.

First the Red Sea Aggressor, now the Fiji Aggressor. Makes me think twice...

So does aggressor actually own the boats or do they license their name/contract with folks who do have the boat. Like some hotels do.

So does aggressor actually own the boats or do they license their name/contract with folks who do have the boat. Like some hotels do.
Some vessels are owned, some are franchised

Back
Top Bottom