Is the Aggressor Adventures booking website legit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fluff_astrid

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I was pondering joining the Red Sea Aggressor 2 for a live aboard, and I'm usually a fan of booking direct on the company website rather than via an intermediary. The Aggressor Adventures website, however, is the most janky, questionable website with questionable security I've ever seen. I wanted to see what the total cost for my trip might be if I selected some add-on options, and instead it forced me to create an account with detailed personal information (none of which is security compliant, I'm almost certain the password entry form is just entered as plaintext in a database based on how it behaved in my browser) before I could ever get to the point of seeing a total trip amount in a "cart." It also doesn't recognize the password I created and all forgot password flows error out. Anyways, suffice it to say I bailed out of that experience since I still couldn't be sure if it were a secure experience, and a shame because they seem to have a sale on at the moment for all liveaboards if you book direct.

How do all the people on these boards book with Aggressor? Do you phone them, or do you just use something like liveaboard.com?

I’ve booked 15 or so trips on their site, never had an issue.

I do not go on Aggressor boats, not since their Red Sea fire with deaths.

Back
Top Bottom