Fiji Aggressor - Condemned

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pedro Burrito

Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
My friend posted on his facebook page that the trip that he organized to Fiji on the Fiji Aggressor was canceled. He said the Fiji Aggressor was condemned and would be rebuilt.

Inspector went on the ship and condemned it. Owner is going to strip and rebuild it in 2 years.

I went to the aggressor site and https://aggressor.com/fiji.php returns to their index page with no mention of the Fiji Aggressor.

The PADI Travel website returns a 404 error: https://travel.padi.com/liveaboard/fiji/fiji-aggressor/

Liveaboard.com still allows you to book the Fiji Aggressor so be careful.

Fiji Aggressor

His divers are complaining about the trip being canceled but I would prefer the boat being cancelled before my trip than immediately after the trip!

Hi Pedro,

I'm just looking into the situation now and will post an update about the Fiji Aggressor when I receive a response.

Many thanks.

Kathryn

Hello,

I can confirm that the Fiji Aggressor is ceasing operations as of 12th March 2019 and all upcoming charters are going to be cancelled. Alternative Aggressor safari options are being offered to customers, as well as full refunds if preferred and additional travel vouchers as compensation.

Thanks,

Kathryn

So Aggressor owners went on board in Sept. - Oct. needless to say they (he) was not happy with the condition. Boat was immediately pulled from the rotation for repairs. It only showed March 19th on the availability chart but if you looked closer it revealed unavailable then in dry dock through March. It's no longer listed in Aggressor's available itineraries.

Don

One thing that concerns me about aggressor. Is how their cancel and yank a boa . Wipe it from its webpage without giving much of a reason why. I had this happen on the maldive aggressor I. Seen it happen on the sir Lanka boat which lasted maybe 4 months. So it makes me always question going back there. I was looking forward to the fiji boat, but a staff member for aggressor suggested I give it another year after the storms. Now I wonder if they knew something was up.

I understand giving bad news can be ba . But so can giving silence.

this is why i never book liveaboards based on stranger's reviews :rofl3::rofl3:

"The boat is old and could use some refurbishing/upgrading - 9.3 -superb"

sometimes the diving is good enough to make up for the boat. such is the case with the single liveaboard allowed out at sipadan

Yeah, but...9.3?...... it’s a mockery of reviewing! It’s everything that is wrong with reviewing!:rofl3:...

I’d personally much prefer a ‘6/10 for the boat 9/10 for the diving’ type of review other than ‘suberb’...moments before it bursts into flames and sinks :)

Mind you... I have to concede that opinion is opinion..perhaps it’s more my loss that I’m not happily wandering through life slapping a ‘WOW !!!!!!!! SOOOOOOOOOOOO AMMMMZZZZEEEEIIIINNNGGGG -9/10’ on everything :yeahbaby:

I find it hard to believe that the condition of the boat was a surprise to the owner. Degrees of quality could be surprise. Bad to the point of condemned seems a bit much to be surprised about unless they spent zero time looking at it for quite a while which is a problem all in itself.

Back
Top Bottom