Ferry to Sabang

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gaudencio

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi,
I was informed by Kit of Triton diving. that there was a proposed plan by the municipal gov't of PG to direct all ferry trips to Puerto galera only to either the port of Muelle or Balatero. This is to have only a one point entry or two . the reason for this proposal is to generate more income by using these ports through terminal fees and eviromental fees for outsiders of Puerto Galera. We also chanced upon a councilor of Puerto Galera ( which is friend of my wife ) said that there was indeed a proposal.The down side of this is that that increase in travel time going only to Sabang not only from Muelle but at least 30 mins. more if you come from Balatero. The eviromental fees could be P 100 per person according to the councilor per entry. If you are not a resident of Puerto Galera. :no

ive heard about this last year. there is a proposal but i don't know if it is pushing through.

baaaah.... pure money-making machine idea.

It will not happen. The Provincial Government said no. You can always take a private ferry from Leah Beach!!

The Mayor beleives otherwise!

He is insistent that it will go through... we shall see next week :)

its inconvenient for divers jag.. if all boats go to muelle that means divers would have to take another boat taxi for P150 or a very bumpy ride on a jeepney.. with the sabang trips now, one could actually be at the shop for a 12 pm and 3 pm dive and morning dive the following day before catching the 1:45 pm boat back to batangas..

Hey Guy's.

I know that I flew into Manilla.

From there I dont know where the bus stopped, But we got onto the banga boats and sailed stright into Atlantis dive resort (Sabang), and that was a very nice trip.

If they are going to add cost and time to that ?? Do you think....maybe it will discourage divers???:confused:

Hey Guy's.

I know that I flew into Manilla.

From there I dont know where the bus stopped, But we got onto the banga boats and sailed stright into Atlantis dive resort (Sabang), and that was a very nice trip.

If they are going to add cost and time to that ?? Do you think....maybe it will discourage divers???:confused:
discourage divers? I don't think so.

yea, I think divers will go anyway, Jim. But you're right - it will be more revenue for the boat taxi's at the expense of the tourists (money wise and convenience). As for less traffic in sabang, I think even though the sabang - batangas bangka's won't be there anymore, the Muelle - Sabang taxi's will be more frequent. So traffic will be more or less the same - maybe even increased since the taxi boats hold less people.

So I wonder what the ruling will be. Muelle is a cool place to scooter by and the restaurant right across the tourism office makes a killer halo halo. :)

Back
Top Bottom