Ferry to Belize - anyone ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

spottedrum

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We're planning to explore a bit of Honduras after our diving in Roatan, and then head to Belize. I'm seeing references in various places about the ferry that goes from Puerto Cortes to Dangriga, Belize. Anyone taken this boat? Is it large/small ? Does weather make a difference very often to it running or not? Recommend it for a family with teenagers ?

Thanks for any thoughts.

Spottedrum

The ferry to Belize from Puerto Cortes leaves the Playa Hotel beach on Monday morning and arrives in Placencia Belize about 4-5 hours later. The boat is about 35 feet long. It returns to Honduras on Wednesday. The person you need to contact is Roberto Alvarez Jr., it is his operation. His cell number is 504 - 9991-0778 or the shop number is 504 665 0453. His email address is info@hondurasdivers.com Usually it is a nice ride.

Hi Spotted Drum,

Do you have any plans for your stay in Belize? Placencia's a great place to land. I'd recommend staying there a couple of days at least. Lots of things to do topside. The diving is great. Whale shark diving is coming up. Full moon periods for those tours from Placencia is Mar 8 - 17 and Apr 6 - 15. There are 2 other full moon periods in May and June as well. Let me know if you need more info.

Anne-Marie
Avadon Divers - Placencia, Belize, Welcome

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom