feedback on Atomic regs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a B1 t2 set up and it is easy to breath.
I recently forgot it on a dive trip and had to use a rental,man what a difference.The rental really made me like mine.

i gotta z1 for my bday a year and a half ago. it hasn't given me any reason not to love it. i think i got it serviced for around a 100 bucks here in costa mesa at liburdi's.

did any of you get the swivel put on your secondary? cost 50 bucks or so to put it on. love that addition, as you don't get the pull or drag if your tank isn't put on just right, or if you like looking around up, down, left, and right...

it breathes silky smooth down to 130+ so far :D

ronrosa once bubbled...

Atomic primary and secondary, Scubapro octo. $75 for labor, $70 for service kits.

I was at the LDS today. Their price for the Atomic service kit was $25 for the 1st stage, $12.50? for the second stage. This is not that different(although slightly more) from the Aqualung service kits.

As much as I like my Atomic I'm thinking that the next regulator I buy for me or the family will be Apecs (sp?) because titanium and oxygen over 30% (I believe) is not a good mix.
I believe than regular nitrox is not an issue but more than that is not a good thing.There are also other issues like cleaning and prep w/viton.
Please be aware that I'm not the best sourse for this info and that I have yet to take enriched air classes but am looking to next year.

The Atomic M1 and Z1 don't use titanium. Take a look at them before you discard Atomic from your list.

I believe that all Atomic SECOND stages have Titanium as
a component.

Is that a problem? I do not know. It does however place
Ti in the presence of high O2 levels if you are using them
on deco regs.

I think titanium has only caused problems in first stages, where the components are exposed to both high fraction O2 AND high pressure at the same time. The adiabatic heating that serves as the ignition source also seems to be a problem only in first stages.

I sent Atomic a letter telling my story, asking how much they charge for manufacturers service as I was not happy with my local dealer. I didn't mention the dealer's name because my intention was not to complain but to explain why I wanted factory service instead of local dealer service.

I just got off the phone with Jeff Allen of Atomic. He is charging me $110 manufacturers service of my 1st and 2nd stage and including an upgrade to the seat for free which will improve the performance beyond what it was when brand new.

It's great to see that customer satisfaction is still a high priority, at least for Atomic.

I have an atomic z1 reg and octo and I cannot say enough good things about it. I went ahead and upgraded to the bigger exhaust T from the m1 for $20.00 and it was worth every penny. The thing you will hear time and again is how well these darn things breath. I must also affirm this statement. However, I will also agree that for about the first 6 feet, they are a little hard to breath. If you are asking for a recommendation then you have got mine. Good luck.

Jason

ronrosa once bubbled...
I just got off the phone with Jeff Allen of Atomic. He is charging me $110 manufacturers service of my 1st and 2nd stage and including an upgrade to the seat for free which will improve the performance beyond what it was when brand new.

What do you mean by 'upgrade'? The only upgrade that I am aware of that involves the seat is the Jet Piston upgrade that replaces the piston as well, but that costs $80. It can't possibly be that for a total of $110?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom