feedback for which 5mm to buy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Corleone

Contributor
Reaction score
after 2 days i have to fly and start my first liveaboard. the team told me, water temp is around 26'c degree (+ or -2 degree) for 7 days. Blue O 2 told me to " get a 5mm, if you don't feel cold, 3mm will do "

where i live, i dive 1mm fullsuit and that is considered too much since temp here is around 40 to 45 c in summer.

after visiting and calling many dealers, either they don't have 5mm or dont have the right size.

what i found is:
Mares: 5.4.3
aqualung: 5mm jumpsuit
scupapro: 5mm semi-dry

ofcourse i will make sure i get the right size, other than that, any recommendations out of the above ?

thankx.

What water temperature is it where you wear your 1mm full suit? 45C is WAY too hot to be water.

As for considerations, size is the most important. Try on all three and see which one fits better. Also take into consideration the "quality" of the suit. How solid does the neoprene feel? How about the zipper? How about the wrists/neck/ankles in terms of quality of seal and fit.

Does your LDS have any rentals? Might be best, since you are in a rush, to find the best one available on a temporary basis, and then spend some time after your trip acquiring your own. I dive a Bare Velocity 5mm, and in 30 years of diving, it is the best fitting suit I've ever had on.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom