Federal Police Landed in Cozumel Sunday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I did a bit of searching and the only report I saw was an article stating Coz was beefing up their public security equipment earlier this month. Translated by Google:
Google Translate

So, more importantly, does Calderone dive? :D

I did a bit of searching and the only report I saw was an article stating Coz was beefing up their public security equipment earlier this month. Translated by Google:
Google Translate

So, more importantly, does Calderone dive? :D

He does, someone had pictures of him and his "crew" out at the one of the most southern resorts a few months ago. Can't remember which one.

the Festival de Cedral is starting up soon. There are usually a crap load of them in town for that.

I've read on a couple of sites of random checks for passports & official paperwork for foreigners starting last month, and if you don't have them - being held, questioned, even medical exams performed on the mainland (Cancun & PDC) by the federals. Perhaps the same in Coz?
News From Cozumel

Do you need any other paperwork besides your passport if you are just visiting for 5 days?

On a side note....when we departed on the car ferry last Tuesday, there was a detachment of Mexican Marines searching all the vehicles before we loaded. They were all very nice(no attitudes & such) to us & it was actually nice to see them performing security for the island. No such thing on the Calica side though.

Mike

Yes he does dive and dove with Dressel in Jan. One of our TA members had reported him being there twice in early Jan & he was back during my trip in late Jan. We got cut off by a gun boat while heading to our AM dive one morning, There were 3 or 4 well armed gun boats securing a wide perimeter around the Iberostar, and I'm sure lots of ground troops had all access cut off along the beach etc.

IMG_2455v1.JPG

IMG_2512v1.JPG

Our flight out was delayed by about 40 minutes Sunday because a Mexican Federal police 737 was using our gate to unload a whole bunch of Federalies in full crowd control gear with plexiglass shields. After unloading the cops, the plane did an ubrupt 180 degree turn sending dust and jetwash slamming into at the glass doors of the gate. Even the local airport staff was taking pictures of it all. Does anyone know what this was all about???

I hear things have been getting a bit rowdy at Wet Wendy's lately.

Do you need any other paperwork besides your passport if you are just visiting for 5 days?
Just the papers they give out on the plane to fill out. Bring pens and have them completed before you arrive. You have to keep a stub for departure. I replaced one easily at the airport once, but sometimes not so easy so keep it with your passport - both very secure.

Don't forget C-cards and DAN cards. Good to make photocopies of everything for your bud to carry.
have a nice trip :pilot:

Our flight out was delayed by about 40 minutes Sunday because a Mexican Federal police 737 was using our gate to unload a whole bunch of Federalies in full crowd control gear with plexiglass shields. After unloading the cops, the plane did an ubrupt 180 degree turn sending dust and jetwash slamming into at the glass doors of the gate. Even the local airport staff was taking pictures of it all. Does anyone know what this was all about???

I was guessing that with the new head of Cozumel being sworn in a week ago Sunday, maybe Calderone was visiting him with the federal police as his security detail? :idk:

yes, Calderón is here, hence the security.

Back
Top Bottom