February Wrinkle's Dive

What day should we schedule the next Wrinkle's Dive

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Robert Phillips:
No offense taken or inferred :wink:
The main thing is the 'if' part. It's not decided yet, but seems that it has been decided for a Saturday without actually being decided. :06:
So, if you have decided that the event will take place in Laguna on the 26th, I won't be attending.

Based on feedback, its looking fairly certain to me that the event will be held in Laguna.

As to the date, that is completely determined by the polls, which are still open.

Although the 26th looks like its in the lead, if you modify the count for the people who we know will be in Avalon, then the poll becomes much closer. Any date can come out ahead!

I'm just trying to maximize participation in the wrinkles dive, not favor any given date.

Scott

I guess Robert really wants people to go the the Avalon cleanup, but he's working on Saturdays, so he's not going to the cleanup or to any Saturday Wrinkles Dive. He also didn't vote for any Sunday Wrinkles dive, so I guess he's not going at all.

I have prior commitments for Sundays so I will not be able to make any Sunday. I voted for days I CAN attend. If the vote comes on a day I cannot go, or the dive is changed to the cleanup(which would be very arbitrary), no worries. We always have next month! Please try to vote for days you plan to, or possibly can, attend. The fixed rotation is really necessary for moments like these.

Scott just wanted to remove the politics from the voting. If you cannot attend, I feel you shouldn't vote for that day. The vote is to pick the day most can attend. I think it sounds reasonable to remove the votes since they aren't going to the event and just wanted to TELL YOU what to do. BTW Laguna the 26th works for me!

Christian, how about some voting guidlines?

No offense intended, just expressing my opinion.

Sean

OK... I see the points on both sides of this issue.

On one hand, we came up with a fixed schedule of locations (narrowed down to county), so that when people vote for a day they are voting based on a specific location. We came up with that in order to avoid any confusion (like we have now) and allow people to vote on a date based on a location. It looks like at this point in the thread most people have ultimately decided to stick to that fixed schedule of locations.

I believe that Scott and Sean are simply saying that if we are going to proceed with Laguna as the location according to the original plan, then votes by people who will not be able to make it on the 26th based on a location of Laguna should be removed from the poll for that date only.

On the other hand, it looked like people were going to opt for changing the location at the last moment to Catalina for the 26th.

If this turned out to be the case, then I think that Robert and Kelpmermaid just wanted to cast their votes for those days.

So, given that we've decided to stick with Laguna regardless of what day it is, I'm going to remove 2 votes from the 26th.

I hope everyone feels that this is the best way to proceed.

Thanks to everyone for your input. This is all about what you as members want and I'm simply trying to facilitate the process.

Christian

P.S. I started writing this about an hour ago and had a few interruptions, so if any new ideas have come to light, I won't have seen them until after I submit this post.

At the time I responded, it looked like more than one question was still up in the air. Go ahead and remove my vote, Christian. Perhaps we can revive the "Who'll be at the cleanup?" thread that I think Robb started earlier.

kelpmermaid:
At the time I responded, it looked like more than one question was still up in the air. Go ahead and remove my vote, Christian. Perhaps we can revive the "Who'll be at the cleanup?" thread that I think Robb started earlier.
I don't think you added to the confusion. I think that next year it would be a great idea to have the Wrinkles Dive on Catalina during the cleanup.

I've already deleted those votes from the poll. Hope you and the others going to the cleanup have a great time!

Christian

Thanks Christian!

So are we going to do the dive at Crescent Bay, Heilser Park, Crystal Cove, or ??? Are we waiting for the date to be decided before we move onto the location? Just curious!

It's a beautiful day today, let's hope it's the same for the next Wrinkles Dive!

Sean

divebuddysean:
I guess Robert really wants people to go the the Avalon cleanup, but he's working on Saturdays, so he's not going to the cleanup or to any Saturday Wrinkles Dive. He also didn't vote for any Sunday Wrinkles dive, so I guess he's not going at all.

Sean

You might want to check the poll again, Sean. I voted for the 13th (Sunday) which is the only other day I can do a local dive on a weekend. So I guess I'm not going at all.

Robert, if you're free on Sundays, why wouldn't you vote for the Sundays? I'm sorry if I made a mistake. :11: My point was in no way to exclude anyone, but how would you be going if it were Saturday the 26th at Avalon harbor? Last time we were up in Laguna you came by in the afternoon; was it a Saturday? I hope whenever we have it, you'll be able to come by. Ideally we could find a date everyone could attend; it seems SAF never gets a good day. I just selected the days I had free, and let it ride from there. Maybe you could come for the night dive? You're from OC right? Maybe we should alternate the weekend days so everyone can attend if this is such an issue for people...

Just my thoughts,

Sean

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom