February Wrinkle's Dive

What day should we schedule the next Wrinkle's Dive

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

$10 diff. isn't too bad. Maybe we can do the cleanup on the 26th, then another group dive in Laguna on the date that gets 2nd place.

scottfiji:
I'd rather do the wrinkles dive in Laguna, and keep the cleanup separate. I see no reason why we can't do both on different days, then people can still go to Catalina, find new friends, etc.

I enjoy our barbecues where we further build our existing friendships, and meet a small number of new people.

Scott

I agree with Scott (I'll be out of town the weekend of the 26th anyway :wink: ) Any other weekend works for me. The next dive I'm getting in the water no matter what the conditions are! (That statement is probably going to bite me in the rear) :eyebrow:

I'm for keeping the Wrinkles Dive and the cleanup separate this year.

I just think it's too "last minute" to max out participation. We came up with a fixed schedule, so that people could plan. If we start moving things now, I believe we defeat our purpose of having a fixed schedule. I can see planning it for next year, so that people have some advanced notice and can take advantage of the discounted sign up rate.

Just my 2-cents.

Christian

Got to go with Christian on this one. Next year would be better.

TS

I also vote for separate events for this year... but we have a small logistical issue to address:

Some of the people who replied to the poll for the 26th are thinking it would mean the Wrinkles dive is held at Avalon, and then some divers are voting for the 26th in Laguna Beach.

Is there an easy way to amend the poll?

BTW, I love the idea of the 26th in Laguna because I may actually be able to dive again by then and Derek and I had already decided not to do the clean-up this year.

My vote for the 26th was for Laguna. I just can't get away to Avalon, as I have visitors arriving on Sunday. The latest boat back is 7-something pm and I just don't want to spend one day there.

BTW- ANA, WHERE ARE YOU??????

Hmmmmmmm.....

Laguna on the 26th and a boat dive (for me, sean and paul) on the 27th. Sounds like a perfect weekend.

Terry

kelphelper:
I also vote for separate events for this year... but we have a small logistical issue to address:

Some of the people who replied to the poll for the 26th are thinking it would mean the Wrinkles dive is held at Avalon, and then some divers are voting for the 26th in Laguna Beach.

Is there an easy way to amend the poll?

BTW, I love the idea of the 26th in Laguna because I may actually be able to dive again by then and Derek and I had already decided not to do the clean-up this year.
I may be wrong, but I got the impression that the only one that voted for the 26th that would be in Catalina was Robert Phillips. He made it clear in his post though.

Has anyone else mistakenly voted for the 26th thinking that it would be in Catalina?

Oh and to answer your question about amending the poll. If someone posts that they would like to change their vote I can change it.

Christian

headhunter:
Has anyone else mistakenly voted for the 26th thinking that it would be in Catalina? Christian

Kelpmermaid (not to be confused with me) is also planning on Avalon. She is a CCD volunteer and she'll be there to help.

Back
Top Bottom