Feb. 25th & 26th Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rickster

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
I am thinking about doing a dive or three Feb. 25th and/or 26th in the Northern Counties (SLO, SB, Ventura).

I am open to sites. Anyone want to join in? We could do 1 dive or make a day of it.

Rick

I presume these would be beach dives?

Can you be more specific about what you have in mind? I might be interested in this.

Jerry

Rick,

I'm on a boat on the 26th, but would be interested in hooking up with some SB divers on the 25th if that works.

I was planning a two dive day with some people at Refugio State Beach this Saturday, but started working at postponing it to next Saturday due to the weather we've had the past few days and the expected rain this Saturday. It's not going to be very good this weekend. So, if people are interested in Refugio on Saturday the 25th that'd be great, but I'm open to suggestions for other locations.

Jacek

jerryn:
I presume these would be beach dives?

Can you be more specific about what you have in mind? I might be interested in this.

Jerry

Hi Jerry,
Yes, they will be beach dives.Are you available Sat. the 25th?

jacek_smits:
So, if people are interested in Refugio on Saturday the 25th that'd be great....

Jacek, sounds like you have a plan. Refugio sounds good to me. That is if everyone is in agreement.

veek:
I'm interested! And either day would work for me.
Vanessa, it would be good to dive with you. Do these plans sound good to you?

It sounds like we have the starts of a good day.

if my gear is here by then i would love to join you all.

Yes, the 25th works for me. What time do you want to meet?

Refugio is a state park, so remember to bring $8 for the entrance fee.

veek:
Yes, the 25th works for me. What time do you want to meet?

Refugio is a state park, so remember to bring $8 for the entrance fee.

What time does it open? I can be there then, to secure a spot for us.

Rickster:
What time does it open? I can be there then, to secure a spot for us.

It opens up at 8am (I'll call them tomorrow to confirm that). There is indeed an $8.00 day use fee. I'm planning to be there shortly after eight and I'll pick a spot. Generally I dive the east side of the park. Here are some directions how to get to that spot:

Refugio State Beach

I'll park my car right there and I'll make it pretty obvious which one it is (aside from it being a gray Toyota pickup truck). I know some of you come from farther south so I certainly don't expect anybody to be there that early. Whatever works. And it looks like we'll have some people from the SB Diving board joining as well. If you want to post your ETA I'll keep an eye out for you.

Jacek

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom