Feb. 25th & 26th Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jacek_smits:
It opens up at 8am (I'll call them tomorrow to confirm that). There is indeed an $8.00 day use fee. I'm planning to be there shortly after eight and I'll pick a spot. Generally I dive the east side of the park. Here are some directions how to get to that spot:

Refugio State Beach

I'll park my car right there and I'll make it pretty obvious which one it is (aside from it being a gray Toyota pickup truck). I know some of you come from farther south so I certainly don't expect anybody to be there that early. Whatever works. And it looks like we'll have some people from the SB Diving board joining as well. If you want to post your ETA I'll keep an eye out for you.

Jacek

Jacek,

I will meet you at the gate. You are familiar with the sites, so, it is your choice. I plan on staying all day. Any late arrivals are welcome! I am really looking forward to this. See everyone there.

Rickster, thanks for setting this up.

As luck has it, I'm in LA on business the following week, and -- scuba addict that I am -- will bring gear with me in hopes of getting wet. Look for me on Saturday. I'll try to get to the park late morning or just after lunch. Need to find a nearby shop where I can rent tanks and lead on the way.

This should be fun! I'm looking forward to it. After all, it's not often that east coast divers get to enjoy SoCal shore dives.

- Sid

sidwise:

Need to find a nearby shop where I can rent tanks and lead on the way.

- Sid

Sid,

I don't know that many dive shops farther south and there may be something closer to where you're staying, but one option is Anacapa Dive Center in Santa Barbara (http://www.anacapadivecenter.com/). It is just off of the freeway you'll be traveling. It would be a quick stop on your way to the dive site.

I'm looking forward to seeing you there.

Jacek

sidwise:

As luck has it, I'm in LA on business the following week, and -- scuba addict that I am -- will bring gear with me in hopes of getting wet. Look for me on Saturday. I'll try to get to the park late morning or just after lunch. Need to find a nearby shop where I can rent tanks and lead on the way.

This should be fun! I'm looking forward to it. After all, it's not often that east coast divers get to enjoy SoCal shore dives.

- Sid

Hey Sid,

You are more than welcome to join us. We will have a good time, and get some dives in. So far, the weather is looking like it will be in the high 60's-low 70's range, with less than 2' swells. I am getting excited already! We will try to make your visit a great one!

Hi Rick,
I might be able to do Sun. at Marineland or Carrillo.

Happy diving
John

JMdiver:
Hi Rick,
I might be able to do Sun. at Marineland or Carrillo.

Happy diving
John

Hi John,
Something came up I have to take care of Sunday. I would love to meet you to dive, but I have to be somewhere. We will do it again, soon.

Dive safe,
Rick

so how many dives are you planning on doing on sat rick? just want to know how many tanks to bring if im able to show.

lrdcn3:
so how many dives are you planning on doing on sat rick? just want to know how many tanks to bring if im able to show.

I am going to bring 3-4. I plan on staying most of the day, and hopefully, if the conditions are good, get a bunch of dives in. So far it looks great!

Jacek has rallied a few people on his site, sbdiving.com, and we have a couple people from the scubaboard going. This is growing into a fun time.

Folks:

Are y'all planning to dive Nitrox here or 21 percent? Any special gear I'll need? I'm looking forwarad to it.

- Sid

sidwise:
Folks:

Are y'all planning to dive Nitrox here or 21 percent? Any special gear I'll need? I'm looking forwarad to it.

- Sid

It's your basic Central CA beach dive (at least for the Santa Barbara area): gradually sloping sandy bottom as entry and it'll take some effort to make it past 25 feet of depth. Temperatures have been 60, 61 degrees of late. I'll probably clip a small light to my BCD. Other than that, my dive float w/ flag, and perhaps my camera, I'm not bringing any special gear. It's been about 6 months since I was there myself. The kelp was fairly healthy and, in some spots, fairly thick. The less you take along, the less chance you have of getting tangled up.

See you there. Looking forward to it myself.

Jacek

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom