Fearless diver gives 8-lb lobster the finger...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

To all those Florida divers who never believed my tales of the TWO seperate occasions that I have seen divers bit by lobsters...... TOLD YOU SO!!

I have never seen a bite were someone lost a digit! That is a classic tale that will be passed around the dive boats for a long time to come.

I am going to print this pics and get them laminated to carry with me this upcoming season... you can now add this to the "How to freak out your dive buddy thread!"

Now is BaitedStorm can just get a picture of her BULLshark!

Eric

docmartin:
i am glad i learned that the easy way.
I didn't know they could bite either. We deal with claws here in Massachusetts and I have heard a 5 lber can amputate a man's hand at the wrist, and I believe it. And I will be more careful around the spineys.

I have a new rspect for the "other" Lobsters and the folks who dive for them. And I thought our NE bugs had some chops, but I'll deal with claws the size of baseball mitts before I will deal with getting bit any day of the week. I wouldn't mess with this dude especially after the street justice that was dealt to the lobster, breaking legs and then eating him.

MaxBottomtime:
Why didn't he wait to have it sewn back on? :D
Battle scars.........sometimes pictures just aren't good enough! Not to mention the sweet revenge of eating, I mean, biting back :D Sheesh, I had no idea how dangerous catching lobsters could be. :11: I know I wouldn't be smilin' like that! :17: Gotta love the tough guys. From the looks of it, he could've sewn it back on himself! Time to add a needle n thread to the save a dive (or finger) kit? Great story and pictures- thanks for posting!

There are far to few individuals like this man left in our world sadly.
He must be a real adventurer/Charecture.
Happy Huntin', but remember, you only have nine more digits and chances to make mistakes like this.

Orlando Eric:
To all those Florida divers who never believed my tales of the TWO seperate occasions that I have seen divers bit by lobsters...... TOLD YOU SO!!
you just weren't as convincing as that photo....
Orlando Eric:
Now is BaitedStorm can just get a picture of her BULLshark!

Eric

Hey man, don't start no shi,ummmm... stuff and there wont be no stuff! Jelous is such a sinful feeling. One day you to might be able to meet ol Bob, the BullShark

The end of the finger that was left in the glove was basically pulp; that's why Rich tossed it. And Rat is right, they broke the mold after Rich was made.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom