Favorite Northern CA dive shop

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is shipping included? Unfortunatly it's on sale! The challange must go on!

Just got back from Wallin's and couldn't find the infamous $100 snorkel.

I don't think there is actually a $100 snorkel as such. I think I paid close to $40 for mine which was probably one of the more expensive ones they had.

I can't speak for rhlee, however, I think what he meant was that in general, most of the snorkeling gear sold to open water divers by Wallin's (and admittedly, by most other dive shops) is incredibly expensive, high profit margin merchandise. My mask, snorkel, booties, gloves and gear bag amounted to an investment of over $300.

I think the $100 snorkel can also be used metaphorically to describe the $400 or so computer that the dive shop tells you that you have to have. And the $900 top of the line, air integrated, wireless computer. It can also be used to describe a whole host of high margin, low value accessories that are sold to so many newer divers (tank bangers, authentic navy seal dive knife with a 15" blade, retractors, nitrox stickers, etc.)

Rhlee

I’m outta here. I was looking for fun and information, not senseless bashing.

My 4th and final post.

I hope you reconsider. This is a fun place and all the people here are genuinely nice people. Unfortunately, we happen to be talking about a topic that evokes a lot of strong emotion for some us.

I hope you reconsider. This is a fun place and all the people here are genuinely nice people. Unfortunately, we happen to be talking about a topic that evokes a lot of strong emotion for some us.

Strong emotions? Speak for yourself, there are no strong emotions here, and suggesting it makes me feel personally offended. In fact, just reading that makes me angry, so very angry.

Truly this is my last post. Wallin's most expensive snorkel is $49.98 plus tax. Two of you lie simply to bash. Totally unproductive waste of time to be involved wih folks who lie, know they are lying and keep on lying trying to keep from being caught. Didn't your folks tell you that you will get caught. Grow up folks.

I'm goin' to the fishing message board. At least when they strecth the truth it is in good fun.

Adios

Truly this is my last post. Wallin's most expensive snorkel is $49.98 plus tax. Two of you lie simply to bash. Totally unproductive waste of time to be involved wih folks who lie, know they are lying and keep on lying trying to keep from being caught. Didn't your folks tell you that you will get caught. Grow up folks.

You've got to have a hint of a thick skin on the internet. I didn't see rhlee's comments as meant to be taken literally, and bashing him because you did so just seems a bit odd in the context of the discussion; he's just trying to make a point.

I'm goin' to the fishing message board. At least when they strecth the truth it is in good fun.

Now that is a great line!

Adios

Sorry you are so upset. Hopefully when you have had a chance to calm down, you will realize that people are not attacking you. Perhaps, you might then reconsider participating in these forums.

pancake.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom