Favorite Memories from the SB Invasion 2022 Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm so sorry about your new fracture. Crutches and boots suck!
True, but a temporary setback only. At least it sounds like no more surgery will be required, so I have that going for me.
Things could always be worse.

I thoroughly enjoyed meeting, drinking, talking, and definitely diving with all of you. Dennis and Roxanne, I thank you for a job well done in making the week happen and even more so for making it run as smoothly as possible.

I agree with the general consensus f9r the most part. The hotel shows it age, I had to sit sideways to fit for a 💩.

The food was mediocre at best, but I've not been interested in AI food after discovering the cheap and wonderful food the island has to offer.

The dive boats were WAY slower than I'm accustomed to and there was some inconsistencies in the "voting" and where the captain decided to go. Our DM Daniel wasn't the best, but definitely not the worst I've encountered. I enjoyed diving with Jose as dm on Friday, from group 5 I believe. I found the boat help to be adequate and accommodating for whatever a level of assistance that a person may want or need.

The pool wait staff was a shining star in both treatment and fun, the front desk staff were always attentive and helpful. The price was a solid value for what was received in my opinion and that's without taking into account the less quantifiable value that hanging out and diving with almost 100 people of the quality, variety, and caliber of you wonderful lot adds. Is it my preferred method of travel for cozumel? Not at all. Would I do it again exactly the same way? Absolutely. So I guess that sums up my "review"

Favorite memories..... Fridays 3 tank trip was perfection. The blackwater dive we shared as a combined group was a really cool experience. I enjoyed the afternoons around the pool with you all almost as much as the boat adventures. It never ceases to amaze me the accepting nature of divers, and you all upheld that standard. Thank you all for the great memories, stories, advice, companionship and adventures

The favorite memories of this first-time invader:
  • How welcoming the group was to new Invaders
  • Hanging out in the large pool – both ends of the spectrum, from the craziness of the foam party to relaxing with my book (and Monica’s giggle when I caught her trying to stealthily sneak up on me when I was reading). The pool area was a fantastic, central gathering place where you could always find someone to chat/drink/laugh/swim with!
  • Bonding with Grupo Ocho on the boat, in the water, and over meals – lots of laughs, quite a few happening when someone heard something incorrectly (or I mumbled). Jocelyn - always looking for a shark spotting - “Did you say shark?” Me, “Uh no, I said splendid toadfish.”
  • Lucking out and being paired with the best instabuddy ever, @NancyLynn
  • Favorite dive moments: seeing the smallest shark I've ever seen, having a hawskbill turtle come to us and hang out with us, and diving the C-52 wreck for the first time
  • Watching people look like they were bonkers as they searched for the coin in all sorts of odd places (and my pride when someone from Grupo Ocho, Gayle, found the coin!)
  • The night @Craine and Jocelyn’s oldest son Ezra (all of 9 years old, I think) ditched the family to sit with a few others from our dive group at dinner. Gayle waved the waiter over so Ezra could get something to drink. We’re thinking he would order water, juice, Sprite, etc. His polite request to the waiter made us laugh, “I would like a Margarita … no alcohol.”
  • Getting to have chilaquiles for breakfast every morning
  • Being introduced to Sea2Stream Leave-in conditioner, and winning Vivid-Pix photo restoration software. Woo hoo!
  • Aside from the one cold surface interval, I didn’t mind the rain much. I will fondly remember going for a walk in the rain (although it wasn't raining when I started!), hanging out in the pool in the rain, and sitting on my porch watching the rain. But it was good that it let up later in the week!
I'm already looking forward to another Invasion and thank you all for a great experience. Special thanks to @cardzard and @ROXANNE. As someone who has to plan large, multi-day events for my job, I appreciate all of the work that goes into this!

What an awesome time even though I could not splash. Rox and Den pulled off an awesome job for all of us. I really enjoyed getting to meet and talk with so many.

AKR is yet another day closer!!!

Thank you, Dennis(@cardzard ) and @ROXANNE, for a very memorable trip and much needed vacation! Coordinating an event for 100+ people is no simple task, but you two pulled it off. The color books for the kids at the opening was a nice touch! Thank you!

My family had a great time! My daughter loved the swimming, snorkeling, and making new friends (@Craine) who she plans on keeping in touch with via email or snail mail. We're hoping to see the @Craine family on the next SB Invasion.

On the issue of tip, I tipped my awesome divemaster separately and also contributed to the tip collection at the farewell party.

289093546_10159853727785155_5747837997567175485_n.jpg
Hannah and friends.jpg
Minh3.jpg
Minh2.jpg

I finally had a chance to sit and sort through some of my images from last week. Nothing special, but they bring back good memories!

Attachments

• IMG_2569.JPG
    IMG_2569.JPG
    120.7 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_2706.JPG
    IMG_2706.JPG
    128.3 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_2517.JPG
    IMG_2517.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_2502.JPG
    IMG_2502.JPG