Favorite LDS?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Soggy if you want stuff ordered Margaret will order you anything you want and can get..she's really good at that. I go in there at least 2X a week though only when Margaret is there. You probably have seen me in there also. Jimmy's daughter is a cutie..future diver!

matt_unique:
I have had 3000psi alum 80's filled with a level 3500 psi and as low as 2800.

If 2800 is the lowest you've gotten, your not doing badly. I've had as low as 2500 before from a hot fill to 3000.

matt_unique:
For tech diving I go to Northeast Scuba. Tom has offered me the best prices for tech gear. I would not go anywhere else in Mass for tech training or tech gear. They have some great instructors there including Tom...

I called Tom to price several pieces of tech gear, then shook my head in disbelief and got everything elsewhere locally for substantially (30%) less.

I don't have any personal experience with the training there, but I've heard some horror stories from several people who've taken classes with Tom.

I'm glad they meet your needs, but I don't anticipate ever giving them my business.

matt_unique:
In my experience Inland Divers in Leicester has the best prices on recreational gear. I plan to have my drysuit zipper replaced there for $160. Compare that to any store in this area for example :wink:

Not bad, but I just got a zipper repair for free from PG Dive (on a drysuit I bought there), and they gave me a loaner to use while I waited.

Scuba65:
Soggy if you want stuff ordered Margaret will order you anything you want and can get..she's really good at that. I go in there at least 2X a week though only when Margaret is there. You probably have seen me in there also. Jimmy's daughter is a cutie..future diver!

Oops, I thought you said you were Jimmy's husband. I misread.

Soggy:
Oops, I thought you said you were Jimmy's husband. I misread.
Jimmy's HUSBAND... that would be interesting

I'm gonna have to cast my vote for East Coast Divers in Framingham. I have had great luck and have seen first hand how they treat their customers. They are nothing short of fantastic to deal with. Wish I could say the same about the shop 2 miles from my house. I drive to Framingham for anything larger than an Air fill. Can't say the others don't do a great job but these folks earned my business.

MSilvia:
I called Tom to price several pieces of tech gear, then shook my head in disbelief and got everything elsewhere locally for substantially (30%) less.

I don't have any personal experience with the training there, but I've heard some horror stories from several people who've taken classes with Tom.

I'm glad they meet your needs, but I don't anticipate ever giving them my business.

Hmmm...interesting you had such a different experience in terms of gear. I had almost the opposite - he gave me the best prices.

In terms of training I'm sure you are referring to Butch with the "horror story" feedback. I will not repeat the story here since it was pretty well covered on The Deco Stop but there are two sides to every story.

--Matt

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom