Favorite LDS?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

At this point I'm just happy about the fills. I was getting a little tired of the getting 4,000 PSI one week and 2,400 the next at my old LDS.......

Hopefully Nitrox is not that far away. I'm stopping there on the way home toinight -- I'll ask them again.

-C

large_diver:
At this point I'm just happy about the fills. I was getting a little tired of the getting 4,000 PSI one week and 2,400 the next at my old LDS.......

Hopefully Nitrox is not that far away. I'm stopping there on the way home toinight -- I'll ask them again.

-C

Were those fills LP or HP tanks? :eyebrow:

I hope your previous LDS was not pumping EAN with such a variance pressure ... unless they were doing the calcs with those pressures in mind.

United Divers in Somerville is the best place...and i not only say that for the reason the Margaret is a very close and personal friend..but, they are really good there. Hey, Soggy you if you go in there you probably will see my hubby there..he's there like everyday of his life hanging with Margaret/and or Jimmy they tell him they are about to place a bed there for him since he's there so much more than he's at home. He's a tall big build guy blond..you won't miss him if you're there he's like a fixture at that shop. but, seriously they are very good there with all the stuff..and like you say Margaret is great at fixing dry suits.

Scuba65:
United Divers in Somerville is the best place...and i not only say that for the reason the Margaret is a very close and personal friend..but, they are really good there. Hey, Soggy you if you go in there you probably will see my hubby there..he's there like everyday of his life hanging with Margaret/and or Jimmy they tell him they are about to place a bed there for him since he's there so much more than he's at home. He's a tall big build guy blond..you won't miss him if you're there he's like a fixture at that shop. but, seriously they are very good there with all the stuff..and like you say Margaret is great at fixing dry suits.

United Divers is my regular shop. If you go in there now, look for some gigantic doubles with ABB in 3" letters down the side. They are mine. :) I know Jimmy and met your daughter just yesterday. She's a cutie!

Margaret does excellent drysuit work also and UDI is very good with customer service. I haven't purchased a lot of gear there mostly because they aren't very tech oriented and don't carry the gear I prefer, but I do get my fills and service done there.

In my experience Inland Divers in Leicester has the best prices on recreational gear. I plan to have my drysuit zipper replaced there for $160. Compare that to any store in this area for example :wink:

For tech diving I go to Northeast Scuba. Tom has offered me the best prices for tech gear. I would not go anywhere else in Mass for tech training or tech gear. They have some great instructors there including Tom and Ken Goguen.

Aqua Shack in Marlboro is a great shop in terms of customer service. I have never priced gear or training there so I can't comment on that. I go there for air fills since they are closest to me. They do partial pressure nitrox fills so with my non 02 cleaned tanks I have to go elsewhere for that.

Mass Diving has good staff, training, and air/nitrox fills but the prices for gear are the highest in this area.

--Matt

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom