Favorite Dive Sites / Where you want to dive in the future?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey there Beach Crabs....Im not to familiar with all the different shore spots around lovely socal but Im up for whatever....malibu is kinda far for me but dosent mean I wouldnt venture out there everynow and then.

Anyone want to do a boat dive sometime?...I would REALLY like to check out some of the channel islands.

See my signature link.:D

OK, lets make it happen! When?

Hey Dave do you have any GPS coordinates for La Buf? Our boat is now in Puerto Salinas which is only about 30 miles north of Ensenada and the condo will hopefully be ready in a year! When we took the boat down there we stopped to fish at a kelp bed outside of Puerto Nuevo that was about a mile long, half a mile wide and in about 60fsw. I've never seen so much thick rich kelp in my life.

Billy

Billy,

31°43'13.05"N - 116°43'12.19"W
This is a little off shore but it is this area.

Hey there Beach Crabs....Im not to familiar with all the different shore spots around lovely socal but Im up for whatever....malibu is kinda far for me but dosent mean I wouldnt venture out there everynow and then.

Anyone want to do a boat dive sometime?...I would REALLY like to check out some of the channel islands.

Hey Sarah, as Dave says, come join us on Jan 17 on the Great Escape to Catalina. It's a big roomy boat, good crew and is shaping up to be a nice, friendly group of divers. Boards in Long Beach - not too far from you.

C'mon Beach Crabs let's fill this boat!

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/beach-crabs/261685-join-us-great-escape-jan-17-2009-a.html

Thanks Dave, this is a boat diving spot right?

Billy

As best as I can recall. There are several good spots in that area. Lets us know how you liked it!

All of these dive sites are local socal shore dives. Almost all of them are in the area between Laguna Beach and Ventura....this also means that they're all fairly cold water dive sites (generally low 50s at depth).
Thanks for that clarification. I see now that this is a So Cal forum. I had clicked on "New Posts" and the thread title intrigued me, and I failed to notice that the location was in the forum description.

My Bad! Sorry.

I see you live in Spokane (I'm from eastern Washington as well)....are you planning to dive locally? I know it's not warm water up there, but you have some very good divers in your back yard and it's definitely a good way to keep up on your skills between dive vacations.
There are two dive shops here that I know of, and both do local dives, so I know I can hook up with local divers easily. But I have very poor circulation in my hands and feet, which makes cold water painfully unappealing. And all my gear is warm-water gear. I know I'm missing some interesting diving, but I cannot handle the conditions.

Alright, so I've compiled some of the favorite sites that were mentioned previously. I'm breaking them up by area....feel free to add more (maybe some that I missed, maybe some that weren't mentioned) and let's make it a point to dive as many as we can in the upcoming months.

Malibu
Leo Carillo (Little Cove)
Nicholas Canyon
Point Dume
G-city
Deer Creek

Palos Verde
Malaga
Christmas Tree Cove
Marineland
White Point

Laguna Beach
Deadman's / Crescent Bay
Shaw's Cove
Moss Street

Alright, so I've compiled some of the favorite sites that were mentioned previously. I'm breaking them up by area....feel free to add more (maybe some that I missed, maybe some that weren't mentioned) and let's make it a point to dive as many as we can in the upcoming months.

Malibu
Leo Carillo (Little Cove)
Nicholas Canyon
Point Dume
G-city
Deer Creek

Palos Verde
Malaga
Christmas Tree Cove
Marineland
White Point

Laguna Beach
Deadman's / Crescent Bay
Shaw's Cove
Moss Street

I've only done about half those sites so I'm game to hit the other half in 2009.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom