Favorite Dive Sites / Where you want to dive in the future?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK you ScubaBoard techno geeks. I can never figure out how to get mutiple quotes in a reply like Billy just did. I'll admit dumb me I only know how to hit the QUOTE button to start a reply with a single quote. I thought it worked with the M-QUOTE button but I don't know how to use it. So how do you do mutiple quotes?

Click the "M-QUOTE" button on each of the posts you want to quote, and then click the "REPLY" button at the bottom (of the last post) on the left....that should get it for you! :D

OK you ScubaBoard techno geeks. I can never figure out how to get mutiple quotes in a reply like Billy just did. I'll admit dumb me I only know how to hit the QUOTE button to start a reply with a single quote. I thought it worked with the M-QUOTE button but I don't know how to use it. So how do you do mutiple quotes?

Click the "M-QUOTE" button on each of the posts you want to quote, and then click the "REPLY" button at the bottom (of the last post) on the left....that should get it for you! :D

duh - that was easy - thanks

White Point (one of my favorite sites, even toughed it out and did a night dive there!),
My buddy Jeff and I had our favorite night dive together there. We walked down the fire road and entered on the east side of the point. The water was the clearest I'd ever seen it there. At one point I could see the beam from my HID light at least thirty feet into a cutout in the rocks. I had a large Giant Seabass come up to me three times. Jeff missed the first one, even though I was giving him the "I'm so excited!" wave of my arms. We also found a banded guitarfish. We surfaced in the middle of the cove and found six feet surf! We floated behind the surf zone for twenty minutes debating swimming all the way to Cabrillo Beach to exit. Finally we decided to go for it, knowing we were about to be killed. As we neared the rocky beach, a huge wave lifted us up and set us down feet-first right on the beach. I've never been so relieved in my life.
Here's a video I shot in the 90s on a good day.

Marineland is my favorite site.
Absolutely agree. If Christmas Tree cove was more accessible, I might be inclined to pick it as my favorite, since I've seen better consistent visibility there then any other site on the peninsula. But Marineland has that certain mystique you can only usually find on island dives.

Shaw's Cove can be amazing
Just got done with my first dive there and I'm sure its going to be one of my favorites. Great visibilty, tons of reef life, easy access.... what else can you ask for.
My vid:YouTube - Shaw's Cove Winter Diving 1.13.09

In the future, I would like to dive White Point, Oil Rigs of Long Beach, and some of the other Channel islands. I've dove the frontside of Catalina and Santa Cruz, but I'm especially looking forward to Anacapa and Farnsworth Bank.

Back
Top Bottom