Favorite Dive Shops in Austin, Texas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My personal favorite is Dive World on 620 N. The owner Mike is a really great guy, very customer orientated and always willing to go that extra mile. http://www.diveworldaustin.com here is his website if anyone wants to check into his shop further.

Oh and they're affiliated with PDIC and PADI.

1. Oak Hill Scuba - NAUI shop (actually on the cover of one of the recent NAUI mags). My wife did her open water with Nik, I did my Rescue/CPR/BLS with Ron and AOW/Nitrox with Ivan. (www.oakhillscuba.com)

2. Tom's - SSI - but you knew that LVX :) (www.tomsscuba.com)

3. Scubaland - PADI (www.scubaland.com)

I've been in Deep Blue a couple of times, but their current location isn't really that great (not much space). I hear they're opening a second store up north, I'm planning on checking it out once it's open.

..the one in the strip mall. They are who I use when I am in Austin. They are real nice folks.

Yes they are really nice folks, the owner Mike is a great guy like I said. One of these days I'd like to get my instructor's license and teach out of that shop. If I could ever overcome my fear of being in front of people and teaching.

Scott D.

Thank you for the plug, PurduEE!

PurduEE once bubbled...
1. Oak Hill Scuba - NAUI shop (actually on the cover of one of the recent NAUI mags). My wife did her open water with Nik, I did my Rescue/CPR/BLS with Ron and AOW/Nitrox with Ivan. (www.oakhillscuba.com)

I would note that carlislere, Hooligan & I are all affiliated with OHS - and thus have a clear favorite!

That is OK, I really like your shop even though I teach elsewhere. Just unfortunately, you guys are little too far south for me to come to very often.

LVX

LVX once bubbled...
That is OK, I really like your shop even though I teach elsewhere. Just unfortunately, you guys are little too far south for me to come to very often.

LVX

Understood - but -

I live in Circle C - - so it's a short cruise to the North - not nearly as far as those shops way north of the Colorado [my idea of the center of town!]

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom