Favorite Dive Shops in Austin, Texas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oak Hill Scuba on the south/west side of Austin NAUI and PADI
Royal Scuba- downtown- NAUI
Toms Swim and Scuba North of town- SSI

Had some bad equipment experiences with Dive World (north by Cedar Park)- slow or non-existent regulator service and getting a hose for a BCD that didn't fit and they wouldn't take it back. Had experience with Scubaland Adventures (south), pulling the valve out of my tank- tech said the tank was "bowed" right after having a viz and an 02 cleaning. Took it to the hydro shop- DOT inspector says "there is no bow" and hydro'd it. Oak Hill looked at it with a straight edge, found no bow, it was inspected by Toms before that, no bow. That was the "fourth" tank they "condemned" in a short time period. Don't fall for it.

Althought it an old thread.
I will throw in my vote of Oak Hill Scuba. I had some problems with my first stage, it was time for annual service anyway, took it to Oak Hill Scuba. While it was in for service they accommdated me and kept me diving. Later it continued to have problems and they have bent over backward to keep me under the water....
Toms - gets my second vote.

Scubaland if all you want or need is product - the other two are about the long term relationship not the sale.

Still miss Danny and Pisces Scuba Shop. That was a happening place back about 10 years ago. His Friday night happy hours were a blast....lots of fun and lots of tall tales....

Diving Daves, on Burnet they are PADI associated:eyebrow:

Who? What??? Must be a brand new shop, huh? Where are they on Burnet?

Scubaland is the only Austin shop I have dealt with. They have been very courteous and friendly to me providing great service, no complaints here.

I primarily deal with the South store since it's much closer to me, Jennifer there kicks mucho ass! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom