Favorite Dive Shops in Austin, Texas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

www.diveworldaustin.com

Links to maps. Mike owns both shops now. DW 1 is in the strip mall closer to Hwy 183. DW 2 is just past 2222 on 620. One has an indoor pool, two has an outdoor pool.

Mike is the richest man in Austin. I see to that.

I vote for Oak Hill Scuba....visited a few dive shops here locally and found OHS to be the most Friendly of the bunch. Not to knock other dive shops, I just had the best experience at OHS. Got my open water/nitrox w/Ivan.

Ryan

I miss Austin LDS. Lots of great people and shops, but my favorite is Clearwater Divers. They are PDIC, and I wouln't be diving if not for George. The amount of in water work is amazing.

But for me, the best part about Clearwater is the ability to go there and chill. Not quite the same out here in the Bay Area.

This is my first post, but I've searched scubaboard.com for info for well over a year now.

When my g/f and I first got into diving we checked out all of the shops local to North/Northwest Austin and fell in love with Scubaland. They have the largest facility and largest selection. Our initial impression of the store owner (who was present) as well as the store manager sold us on them as our local dive shop. I don't go in there that often, but they know me by first name basis and they know their stuff. I did really like Dive Texas off of 620 North, the owner is very pleasant, but I preferred the assortment at Scubaland and have no regrets. Their instructors are fun, funny, and extremely helpful.

Thumbs-up to Scubaland. I can't speak for their south store, but they have a new north store which is very nice and convenient for us.

Being an avid diver for over 30 years and having lived in Florida, Hawaii and Texas (Austin), I have had many opportunities to do business with a variety of dive stores. In Austin, I have at one time or another visited all the current shops (and some no longer around). My favorite is Dive World Austin since 1995...as a customer I liked the store enough that I agreed to become an instructor (I am a certified instructor PADI, PDIC, SSI) there in 2004. Still happy as a clam!

Holy Resurrected Threads, Batman!! This started on 7/9/2003!!!!!! WOW!! Is that a SB record???

Yeah, what the heck?!? Why won't this thread die already?!? No plugs in here for the old AquaSports? No ROYAL SCUBA as of yet. But on the subject, how is Clearwater doing? Haven't heard word one since I'm now living in Fort Worth.

What's up with old old threads being resurrected..

@PvilleStang: Clearwater is liquidating their inventory and they have an ad on Craigslist about their scuba tanks on sale, Used Scuba Tanks For Sale. I just called the store today, the person on the other line said that George will be in town in a couple of days.
Anyway, George seems to be busy building Clearwater Paradise in Honduras, G&G's Clearwater Paradise

Back
Top Bottom