Review Fathom Gemini 010

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Probably a dumb question but where does the DIL MAV feed gas into the loop? Looking at Fathom's page on the Gemini it is not obvious to me. I see 1 port on the head but out of ignorance would think that is for O2. Does the block holding the manual add buttons feed both dil and O2 through the same hose?View attachment 773487
Exactly as you described. I can take images Friday of anything if you’d like a closer look. Single LP hose into the unit that trickles oxygen from the needle as well as both gas add buttons.

Attachments

• 11F6F41B-1871-4C6E-A859-40807469FFA6.jpeg
    11F6F41B-1871-4C6E-A859-40807469FFA6.jpeg
    46.1 KB · Views: 53
I THINK I got it but would like to follow up with another dumb question.

Yellow is DIL input, green is O2 input, blue is BOV output, and red is output to the loop; do I have that correct?

Pardon the ignorant questions, I like the looks of the Gemini and trying to wrap my head around it. I can't look at machined stuff and not try and figure it out but I also don't want to make too many assumptions.

1678329433829.png

Are the buttons on the MAV tactility different?

Are the buttons on the MAV tactility different?
The oxygen side is ribbed around the button. Fairly noticeable even in dry gloves but I’d suggest it’s a good habit to follow the QC6 input as a guide to verify.

Relevant followups:

Sidemount Pros — Podcast the most recent episode is worth a listen to any current Sidewinder users as well as those looking Gemini vs SW etc.

mCCR Face-Off: Gemini vs Sidewinder M2 did a great job cleaning up my drivel. I will note that there is a left/right typo that Patrick caught (or ADV OPV typo, switching any of the words will clean it up).

Fathom has since made scrims available for the scrubbers and I've put a few more hours on it over the past month. It'll go through its paces on a few more things this spring into summer.

Sidemount Pros — Podcast the most recent episode is worth a listen to any current Sidewinder users as well as those looking Gemini vs SW etc.
Is this actually worth listening to or is it just 80 min of marketing babble?
AFAIK SM pros is sponsored xdeep and probably don't asked any real questions, right?
Xdeep's involvement in the design doesn't really make me optimistic about the super winder. They've already tried to design a computer and failed, than tried to design a regulator and failed. Not sure I wouldn't wanna be the beta tester for their first shot at a ccr.

The article on the gue blog is very intersting and well worth reading.

Is this actually worth listening to or is it just 80 min of marketing babble?
There is some sharing of CE test results both on the current and the prototype unit. Useful in making an informed decision imo.

Relevant followups:

mCCR Face-Off: Gemini vs Sidewinder M2 did a great job cleaning up my drivel. I will note that there is a left/right typo that Patrick caught (or ADV OPV typo, switching any of the words will clean it up).

I know M2 had to make some changes ,but I must say I don’t like the redacted conclusions :wink:

Useful in making an informed decision imo.
Not sure I would buy anything in that price range based upon information from sales people. I don't expect them to be honest.
I'd much rather read actual reports from people without skin in the game, like your review.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom