Review Fathom Gemini 010

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

grantctobin

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I’m a tease. Sneak preview:

Attachments

• C844C2FB-5F92-425C-91F8-C3DD872C97C1.jpeg
    C844C2FB-5F92-425C-91F8-C3DD872C97C1.jpeg
    92.1 KB · Views: 314
Interested to hear the big upgrades/improvements over the sw as you know my opinions on it. I haven't been up to cave country enough lately to go play with one in person.

Interested to hear the big upgrades/improvements over the sw as you know my opinions on it. I haven't been up to cave country enough lately to go play with one in person.
basically just general design improvements, it's a small step change, similar to my Kisskat vs. the Sidekick. It doesn't change the general design so most of the things that you were not loving about the SW probably won't change.

basically just general design improvements, it's a small step change, similar to my Kisskat vs. the Sidekick. It doesn't change the general design so most of the things that you were not loving about the SW probably won't change.
Kinda what I was wondering. Better flood tolerance and WOB would be my biggest concern

Look forward to hearing your opinion, especially as someone who has a lot of hours on the Sidewinder.

Kinda what I was wondering. Better flood tolerance and WOB would be my biggest concern
Why would it have ether?
It's the same basic design, there's no water trap. Water goes right through the sorb into the cl.

Cl is in the same spot and canisters are the same(ish) size. Any wob difference would be the golem vs kiss dsv

Why would it have ether?
It's the same basic design, there's no water trap. Water goes right through the sorb into the cl.

Cl is in the same spot and canisters are the same(ish) size. Any wob difference would be the golem vs kiss dsv
That’s what I’m wondering. My fathom has a baffle to help eliminate water intrusion to the sorb. I haven’t looked closely at the Gemini in person to see if anything like that was added. I also don’t know if there’s any difference in cl size or shape that could make a difference. I’ve only seen the video posted and some photos. I’m local so plan on stopping by the shop to look at one, but just haven’t been out diving much this past year. The Gemini isn’t just a straight rip off of the sw. It’s meant to be an improvement which the sw desperately needs. I don’t know what all the changes Charlie made are, so without that information there’s no way to assess if there could be improvements in the areas I stated. Have you dove one and tested it against your experience with a sw? Have you handled both units to compare differences in person? If not, you’re just speculating, which is what I’m trying to avoid.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom