GUE-JJ hose routing versus Fathom Tech Rig hose routing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Actually this is not completly true. Offboard Dil can be plugged using the (O2) MAV.

This can be done with the GUE JJ as well, using the (O2) MAV.

A quite common "modification" (at least in europe) of the GUE hose routing includes a switch block. But this makes the routing way more complex than the standard routing.
If you have knowledge of it, could you share how the block is routed in?

If you have knowledge of it, could you share how the block is routed in?
something tells me if you look at an RB80 you'll see the exact inspiration here...

Honestly outside of that specific unit switchblocks with different gases plumbed into them are just a huge "no" they risks are too high although at least on a CCR you can see that your dil adds and flushes are doing something wonky.

the stock fathom config doesn’t include an adv so adding one might also account for some of the additional complexity you mentioned

something tells me if you look at an RB80 you'll see the exact inspiration here...
It actually is less complex than the RB80 switch block. It is block with the shut-off valve (comes with JJ) and a female QC6. Mounted between right first stage and ADV and wing. Means loop is fed from a stage, if pluged, but both 2nd stages / BOV still gets the gas from the backmounted doubles.
Nonetheless it makes the JJ way more complex.

the stock fathom config doesn’t include an adv so adding one might also account for some of the additional complexity you mentioned
In my rig the adv and mav are one hose.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20231228_214820_Gallery.jpg
    SmartSelect_20231228_214820_Gallery.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 36
Is there a hose routing diagram for these two configurations?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom