Fat AND smoking cigarettes???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I crack up at the people who order tons of food at the fast food place (I order tons of food btw, I am a growing boy) then order a diet coke, LMAO thats just silly.

I crack up at the people who order tons of food at the fast food place (I order tons of food btw, I am a growing boy) then order a diet coke, LMAO thats just silly.

Good point, but would it really be better to order the regular Coke? The beverage isn't the worst part of the deal... it is the meal.

doesn't matter to me as long as he is a reliable and FUN dive buddy and not puff the cigarette smoke at me (i am allergic to nicotine)....

Am I the only one who hates to see this??? ...and what if this person turns out to be your dive buddy?

It should be obvious to anyone reading this forum that both being over weight and or smoking are not good things!

When it comes to scuba diving and being over weight and or smoking it is really a bad thing.

I think smoking is a dirty and expensive and life threating habit that anyone whom suffers from this problem needs to get a grip on...particulary scuba divers.

Being a few pounds over a target weight is not as bad but we as divers should strive to maintain just as good a physical condition as possible....being way over weight is not something divers want.

Both smoking and being over weight are very treatable and scuba divers owe it to themselves and fellow buddies to eliminate both issues!

I don't care what the buddy is, as long as he/she can manage the physical requirements of the dive, which could end up being a rescue. If they're going to huff and puff and run out of gas trying to help a diver in need, this could be bad.

Different dives have different physical needs.

"Diving skills"?! Are you kidding? I don't want this guy next to me on the bus, much less as a dive buddy. Sheesh.
Complete agreement, especially about the smoking. Can't stand smokers...yuck. :11:

I quite smoking 9 months ago infact i quite because i wanted to dive it was the carrot so to speak to quite i put on about 15 pnds which i am trying to lose now but neither one is easy

You guys better not ever dive in Japan.........or actually most places outside of the US.

Yeah...smoking is bad, I know.

So smokers shouldn't dive?

My only problem with a diver that smokes would be during surface intervals.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom