Fantasy Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
DandyDon,

Given the advance payment requirements of the various resorts, I'm not sure that you can obtain a credit card refund easily. (That said, probably more easily than if you'd paid by check...).

One could, I suppose, pay up the amount the resort wants when you arrive, then, dispute the second charge, but I don't know how the credit card company would deal with that.

Travel insurance may provide a refund (they will generally refund if the travel provider goes out of business; I'm not sure about this particular case, where there is a business dispute). One can, of course, debate whether or not travel insurance is a good value, just like whether CDW on a car is a good value, etc.

I have to say that when I decided to have a midlife crisis, FI was one of my candidates (because of non-diving family members). But I finally decided that it was my midlife crisis, and the resort across the channel would make it easier for me to get a few extra minutes underwater (cross your fingers, knock on wood, that I don't catch a cold or something).

I'm sad to see this dustup. Regardless of fault/non-fault, mud lands on all parties.

Regards,

hdtran

It shows a 2011 copyright.
Ok call and see who answers.

I edited my last post: Edit: Administration has already checked the IP of your post at my request and reported: "I'm guessing that you think the IP should be from Honduras? It's not." I suppose you found this thread searching the internet...?

Ok call and see who answers.

I edited my last post: Edit: Administration has already checked the IP of your post at my request and reported: "I'm guessing that you think the IP should be from Honduras? It's not." I suppose you found this thread searching the internet...?

DandyDon,

If you're suspecting the cryptic sockus puppetus, it's not where the IP address is from (the server is most likely not hosted in Honduras or Roatan, as connectivity is likely miserable). You want to see if the IP addresses of the candidate sockus puppetus species come from the same number block (or are identical to each other).

hdtran

Question: Did anyone book with other than credit card payments? For those who used credit cards, have you requested refunds? Just wondering if anyone has or needs to...? :confused:

Suspicion about your post is normal here since it is your first. Administration will check the IP of your post shortly and decide if you are real or not. If the latter, they may block all posts from you IP, perhaps the entire resort, but maybe not.

I booked with a credit card. I suppose I could have asked for a refund but, what would I have done about my airfare. The airlines won't give me a refund. Besides that, I didn't really WANT a refund. I wanted a vacation. It was the easiest solution to just change resorts.

Hopefully Media Luna is everything I hope for. It looks pretty good on the sites i've seen but, I've never been there. I go in a couple weeks, so I will post a review when I get back.

It's pretty obvious to me the one post wonder was a fake, regardless of the IP. It's too one sided with cryptic statements like: Guests had issues with Rich, without saying what those issues are. Also, the fact of the extreme praise of Fantasy Island the very next sentence. It just seems too fabricated for my liking.

DandyDon,

If you're suspecting the cryptic sockus puppetus, it's not where the IP address is from (the server is most likely not hosted in Honduras or Roatan, as connectivity is likely miserable). You want to see if the IP addresses of the candidate sockus puppetus species come from the same number block (or are identical to each other).

hdtran

That wouldn't necessarily do it either. If they have different offices, or a new booking agent in on this underhandedness, it will be next to impossible to prove a link between them. That is FBI grade work... Each individual will have to draw their own conclusion. If the poster is real, why don't you go ahead and list what the MAJOR problems were exactly. Saying stuff without proof could be considered slander in some circles....

DandyDon,

hdtran
Admin looked. If there was reason for concern, they'd know more than they would tell me and investigate. Altho a first time poster may have not much influence here, there is no evidence of fraud.
I booked with a credit card. I suppose I could have asked for a refund but, what would I have done about my airfare. The airlines won't give me a refund. Besides that, I didn't really WANT a refund. I wanted a vacation. It was the easiest solution to just change resorts.

Hopefully Media Luna is everything I hope for. It looks pretty good on the sites i've seen but, I've never been there. I go in a couple weeks, so I will post a review when I get back.

It's pretty obvious to me the one post wonder was a fake, regardless of the IP. It's too one sided with cryptic statements like: Guests had issues with Rich, without saying what those issues are. Also, the fact of the extreme praise of Fantasy Island the very next sentence. It just seems too fabricated for my liking.
Well, if one wanted to obtain a refund and use it to go to FIBR, I wondered how well it worked. I understand your feelings tho and hope it goes well. I bet it does; I bet they try really hard to make a good impression. Have a good trip. :pilot:

DandyDon- I saw that post, but what I'm asking is there seems to be some confusion.

On the one hand I believe someone posted that Fantasy Island asked them to pay an additional $500 per person in order to keep their dive trip intact.

The post you quoted from FI says they recieved no payments from the travel agency.

That's why I 'd like to know what is FI telling all these people? Seems inconsistant.

Regarding the "first time poster", you'll note she joined 6 months ago. Even the most wacko of conspiracy theorists would not believe she joined that many months in advance just so she could badmouth RH when the time came. Searching her IP address was totally uncalled for (and somewhat akin to the way TSA treats people at the airport). Truly the forum owes her an apology.

It's just likely that this was the first time she felt the need to be heard. How many others of the highly opinionated people in this forum even waited two months before putting their two cents in?

Last edited:
Regarding the "first time poster", you'll note she joined 6 months ago. Even the most wacko of conspiracy theorists would not believe she joined that many months in advance just so she could badmouth RH when the time came. Searching her IP address was totally uncalled for (and somewhat akin to the way TSA treats people at the airport). Truly the forum owes her an apology.

It's just likely that this was the first time she felt the need to be heard. How many others of the highly opinionated people in this forum even waited two months before putting their two cents in?
Haha we so missed that. Yeah thanks.

Dear all who are interested in the truth!

Since the middle of December 2010, Fantasy Island resort has seen a huge amount of investment from it's current owner. From new beds, TV's, aircon units and mini bars in the rooms to 3 new dive boats and new docks at the diveshop. The resort grounds have also seen a lot of improvement and things a now looking very nice again. Everything has had a new coat of paint and all the little things that needed doing have been done. The place looks great!
Fantasy island also spent a considerable amount of money on a stand at the DEMA show to introduce themselves back into the market place with Time2dive (Rich Henry's company) as the main agent. What a bad idea this was as 'apparently' Richard used this show to get contacts with other resorts, which was one of the reasons his contract with Fantasy was terminated.
AND lets get this quite clear now. The contract was terminated by Fantasy and not by Time2dive and it was for the main reason that 'apparently' Time2dive was not forwarding any monies for bookings, so customers were arriving at Fantasy and being asked to pay for their room and board. Obviously Rich has portrayed things differently but that's the way Rich is.
Now I'm trying to not get too personal but having met Rich on 3 occasions and hearing reports about his business practices directly from customers, apparently he is a 'Director' at fantasy, I would not believe anything he says.
Things here at Fantasy are great! The resort has an owner who really wants to make a difference and is clearly doing so. Lets just hope we choose our agents a little bit more carefully in the future.
Thanks for reading and I hope you come and see us.
Regards
A very hopeful employee!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom